I've never experienced this with an amp.

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/letting-folks-sit-in-on-your-rig.1584778/

It ain't gonna happen. I've had too many tubes blown out of my amps by sitters-in who try blasting everything including the kitchen sink through it, and what I see of people in my town they do things to their own instruments that they wouldn't do to their worst enemies or their mothers-in-law. (Or did I just repeat myself.) I take care of my guitars and my amp. I'm not going to have them ruined. Want to sit in? Bring your own guitar and amp, and I'll be happy to have you sit in.

Apparently you can blow tubes by playing? Too many notes? Too many effects? Too many beers?

I usually don't let other bands use my stuff because I don't want to stay through their set. But blown up? Nah, that's not a concern.

I let Smurfco play my bass and he was better than me. Other than that, I got nothin'.

Perhaps this is an ISIS attempt to slowly eat away at our freedoms by ruining our musical equipment gig by gig..

I can see many other problems from people not being careful with your gear. But blowing a tube? That seems unlikely.

I usually don't let other bands use my stuff because I don't want to stay through their set. But blown up? Nah, that's not a concern.

I let Smurfco play my bass and he was better than me. Other than that, I got nothin'.
<-- didn't wash hands

I will let them use my rig only if I know who it is and that I know they can play.

Otherwise NO!!!!

What a strange post.

I've never blown a tube in like 30 years of tube amp ownership. I've had a few go microphonic and need replacing, or starting to produce volume swells and such, but I have never blown a tube.

Back