I've come to the realization that I don't care about craft beer

IPAs are fantastic for summer, but for winter give me a good stout or porter. Oh, and your East Coast beer all sucks.

iu

I don't care where the beer comes from, as long as it's good.

I don't consider Sam Adams to be a "craft" beer at all. Nor is Sierra Nevada or Anderson Valley etc. I will agree with you on the BL. I never did like it, and some of the IPAs being put out are trying way too hard to out-hop each other, basically making them undrinkable for the masses. I love a great wheat beer, or a solid Belgian/French Farmhouse ale for pure drinking enjoyment. And then there's these-
Some of the best beers ever.

+1,000,000

I don't really "care" about craft beer, but I try to keep some local stuff in the fridge to keep the Budweiser company. :shrug:

I mean, I like the flavorful stuff more, but it's not always financially responsible :tongue:

Sam Adams was great fifteen years ago when it and Guiness were the only decent beer available in most of the USA. These days there are just too many better options.

I’m not a big fan of IPAs. To me they’re an ale that can’t make up its mine and vacillates between lighter Belgian style ales and dark rich stouts. Fortunately Colorado is away in killer dark ales, although some of them are so damned heavy they actually give me diarrhea.

I preferred their early work these days they're like so mainstream it's like every shitty suburban strip-mall you go to anymore there's some teenager in a Sam Adams "T"-shirt like they think they're so edgy (NOT!).

Sorry. What was the question again?

I preferred their early work these days they're like so mainstream it's like every shitty suburban strip-mall you go to anymore there's some teenager in a Sam Adams "T"-shirt like they think they're so edgy (NOT!).

Sorry. What was the question again?
If it's a teenager, they are being kind of edgy since they're not old enough to drink.

That T-shirt must be in rotation with their AC/DC and Black Sabbath shirts.

They only just raised the (beer-) drinking age from 16 to 18 here. There's apparently no minimum age for a Ramones or Nirvana T-shirt.

I try to support Michigan breweries when I can. I am not a beer snob but schwill beer tends to just fill me up more than get me drunk.

Back