I've come to a strange conclusion: My Peavey Delta Blues is my favorite amp I've ever owned.

Yes. Flaunt it.

d6e4416aacc2b2f8a5b681252af448bb.jpg

The Deltas are really cool. I love the one owned by my buddy. Love my C-30 too. And LOVE the logo.

I used to have one of these, sorry I sold it. :(

:(

Had the horrible yet incredibly cool "light up" pointy Peavey logo!

$_58.JPG

Fwiw, I also used to own a peavey classic 50 head and 4x10 half stack in tweed. I totally regret selling that. If anyone comes across one at a decent price, buy it immediately - great amp.

I freaking love the Peavey Classic series. Currently have a mid-90's Classic 50 in black. I'd've left the Peavey logo on proudly, but it was removed by a previous owner.

I've been hankering for a Marshall lately, but when I plug into the C50 the urge goes away again.

This is a pic from when I got it, the handle has since been repaired

pvc50.jpg

Just did a quick tally of the amps I've owned...four. First a little Roland/Boss practice amp, then a Randall RG 80, then a Fender Blues DeVille 2x12, and lastly a Fender Mustang 1. I still have the Fenders. Let the Roland at my high school and never saw it again and I cannot remember what I did with the RG 80...I must have sold it or traded it in on some other gear.

I got the DeVille a few years after I stopped doing a gigs or jamming, but I thought I could use it...literally haven't plugged it in for years, possibly more than a decade. It was too loud for practicing, until I got the Mesa V-Twin. Wonderful clean tone and great pedal amp, but I've never had many pedals.

I have wanted one for awhile. It's just more than I need for playing at home. Then there is my skill level.

My favorite amp was my Zinky Blue Velvet. Not the best clean,but toanz for days with the crunch.

Circumstances arose that I had to sell my Classic 30. That's one amp I still wish I had.

Tweed Classics were the best thing Peavey ever did amp wise. It doesn't make up for the crap ton of garbage products they have foisted on the American People though.
I owned an original Peavey Classic back in the 80s - I believe it was a hybrid, had either a tube pre-amp and solid state power amp, or the other way around. Doesn't matter, it sounded like moist ass.

The tweed classic series are great sounding amps - I love 'em.

I've heard nothing but good things about virtually all the Peavey Classics, so no surprise there.

I've never spent more than $350 USD for any single combo, head, or cab. So all of mine are cheap. For 4 or 5 years at my prior church gig, I used a little 15W 1x10 Fender Super Champ XD, it was perfect (lined-out to PA) for that application. For my main band I usually use a Sovtek Tube Midget head that I got on refurb from Muso's Friend for 3 bills or so, most often with an old Risson 4x12 cab that I think cost a hundred or so. Sometimes I use my old Kustom 1x15 cab (bought the Kustom 100 head and matching cab for $225 iirc, although that was 1970's dollars), see default pic.

And over the last year or so I've picked up three li'l Marshall solid state combos (two 1x12s and a ax10). Friday night I played the two 1x12's in a little mini-stack.

17796647_10155161374743879_6129098661942984711_n.jpg

I'm all for whatever works.

Back