I've come to a strange conclusion: My Peavey Delta Blues is my favorite amp I've ever owned.

dmn23

Duller than cardboard
Mind you, I don't have a lot to compare it to. I've owned maybe a dozen amps in my life. But after a string of Fenders, Mesas, Marshalls, and the occasional oddball here and there, I keep coming back to this cheap-ass janky Peavey. I can't help it, it sounds fantastic. It's some weird sort of involuntary reverse brand-snobbery.

Anyone else got love for some cheap amps?

Given that both models (115 and 210) of the Delta Blues amps have current street prices of $700, I have to wonder about your definition of cheap. Do you perhaps take frequent vacations to the Mira Lago golf club?

I think they are very polarizing. I have a strong like for mine. Not complete love but when I play with friends, it's normally the amp that I take.
No complaints from those friends who plug in.
I have another friend who's uses his for gigs (I'm assuming he still does), and he always said there was only one setting that he found usable.
Another pal, calls it the wanna be Fender.

If I gigged at all regularly, it would be (the 115 -- I've never played the 210) pretty high on my list of possibilities. I would probably choose either it or the Tech 21 Trademark 60.

I had a classic 50 back in college. It was my first gigging amp. The first thing I did was take the horrible Peavey logo off of the front of it. Not that I was embarrassed it was a Peavey but that logo is just terrible.

I had a classic 50 back in college. It was my first gigging amp. The first thing I did was take the horrible Peavey logo off of the front of it. Not that I was embarrassed it was a Peavey but that logo is just terrible.

hahaha. i did the same thing with my vtm 412. awesome cab but it looks soooooo much better without the logo.

If I gigged at all regularly, it would be (the 115 -- I've never played the 210) pretty high on my list of possibilities. I would probably choose either it or the Tech 21 Trademark 60.

Mine's the 15. I've never tried the 2x10.

IMG_2955.JPG
Fuck all y'all

I dig my Classic 30, too. For $300 used many years ago, it has served me well. I've thought about buying a nicer amp, such as a Dr. Z, but the C30 is good enough for my needs.

PS: I removed the logo immediately also. It was ugly back in the 70's and it's still ugly today.

Amp in my avatar is vtm60. Not only removed the logo, I built a new headshell. Weighs half as much now. Put it together for bro in law. Amp blew up. M80 chorus in the shell now. Other amps bought cheap used, that Love: Crate v16, Princeton chorus, yamaha g100, yamaha jx50, Ampeg g212. Think that's it.

Back