Its not a whole lot, buts its a start....

I went to a local store in Enid a few weeks ago and bought an emergency set of $6 strings for $12. Don't do that to people.

I about shit when the guy rang me up. I asked if he was charging me for two sets. He looked at me funny.
If I wasn't desperate for strings, I woulda used em for a nice garrote.

Congrats on your business plan comming to fruition Mark. It's nice that your students can get what they need without having to make another stop, which in your neck of the woods means fighting traffic.

I used to have a boss who would try and make me do that. I fucking hated it. Thats another reason why we never sold guitars or amps here....if I tell someone they need to upgrade their kids instrument I want them to listen, not think that I'm trying to sell them something they don't need. "Consumables" are another matter though.

I do tell students to buy accessories when they need them. Things like metronomes, tuners, strings, etc. They don't always listen (neither do the parents) but I try not to be excessive about it either.

Just make sure you tell anyone who buys a brass slide not to eat it.

I do tell students to buy accessories when they need them. Things like metronomes, tuners, strings, etc. They don't always listen (neither do the parents) but I try not to be excessive about it either.

Just make sure you tell anyone who buys a brass slide not to eat it.
Well, it's obvious when someone needs new strings or a tuner. That's one thing. I used to have parents keep their kid on the same unplayable piece of shit until he quit because they thought we were just trying to make an extra buck off of them.

Back