It's Happening!

Gary Blanchard

beloved, local musician
After a couple of false starts, I have found an artist to paint a guitar for me. In fact, the delay has really worked in my favor. The Epiphone John Lennon-style guitar has a unique sound, but not one that will work for all my open tuning needs. So the artist will actually work on the Epiphone Masterbuilt guitar. In putting stickers on the other Epi, I found a couple of elements that I want to be sure show up on the guitar, including the peace sign and the word, Dream. I am meeting with Hannah, the artist, Tuesday morning to hand her the guitar. She thinks it will be about five hours of work. I showed her my stickered guitar and some images that reflect what I am looking for and she is looking forward to it. Here is an electric guitar she has done:
Guitar Painted.jpg

It may take a couple of weeks to get the finished product. I am hoping she sends some "in progress" photos to me.

Needless to say, she is much too young to remember the 60s, but the electric guitar she is doing shows that she gets the sensibility.

Back