Its amazing that I own three recording interfaces but

I love the standalone Korg D3200 but it seems that and the Yamaha equivalent are no longer being made... I do NOT want to go computer based recording. USB after the fact to get it to the MAC and web site is fine.

But I watched my kid, whos at Berklee and doing this stuff at the pro level, I do NOT want to deal with all that. Tons of time just getting/keeping it setup properly. I just want to play and hit the red button.

And for the cost, nothing that I've run across has as many inputs or tracks that are as easily managed as on a stand alone.

Yeah, unless you want to spend a TON of $$$$$ , tech seems to be somewhat unfriendly in this area....

I could never go back to using any of the standalone recorders, WAY too cumbersome. Did some work on one of those Roland VS-something thingies about 13-14 years ago, talk about time consuming. Not to mention the worst user manual in recorded history. :messedup:

A computer takes some time setting up, but I've found it is key to NEVER let it go online after it's set up. My last one lasted 12 years before things started to break on it.

But hey, we're all different, whatever works...:wink:

Back