It's all over, folks

Theodore

I gotta move
Mtn-Dew-Dew-SA-carton.jpg

it's probably too late but I'm thinking now might be the time to invest in Diabeetus medicines........

https://consumereviewrepeat.com/2017/04/24/mountain-dew-dew-s-a/

This biggest shock of Dew-S-A had nothing to do with the flavor, the can design, or the name, it had to do with the calorie count. Somehow, in an act that defies science and religion, a 12 oz can of Dew-S-A comes in at 100 calories. That is a huge drop from the 170 calories weighting waiting for you inside of a standard Mtn Dew can.

IMG_1618-e1493042725470-300x225.jpg

What’s the difference? I don’t really know. My C+ in college chemistry only takes me so far when deciphering the ingredients. It seems that the new version replaces the much-maligned brominated vegetable oil with sucrose acetate isobutyrate. That doesn’t explain the calorie count, though.

If you’re like me, a little Googling around will lead you to “sucralose” as the culprit. For any other laypersons out there, sucralose is the chemical name for Splenda: the artificial sweetener.

Now, it is not my task to question the judgment of the wizards of Pepsi Co., but damn, just give me some sugar. Whether this can is 100 calories or 200 calories, I’m only having one (maybe two) per week. I’m a bigger fan of real ingredients that are bad for me rather than artificial ingredients that might be worse for me.

or maybe in Dentures...... :embarrassed:

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt...ain-dew-mouth-is-destroying-appalachias-teeth

I’m a bigger fan of real ingredients that are bad for me rather than artificial ingredients that might be worse for me.

Refined sugar is no less artificial than sucralose. It’s just a different way of processing the same stuff. It’s not like you can shake a sugar cane plant and pure white Domino sugar crystals fall out.

Refined sugar is no less artificial than sucralose. It’s just a different way of processing the same stuff. It’s not like you can shake a sugar cane plant and pure white Domino sugar crystals fall out.
that's a bit of an oversimplification: plain white sugar has to be refined from cane (or beets, or whatever), sure, but it's sucrose - it's a molecule that's there in the sugar cane. sucralose is chlorinated sucrose; it doesn't exist in nature.

Back