It seems I own

Gary Blanchard

beloved, local musician
a Fender Frontman 25 watt amp with reverb. :eek:

I came across it today and gave it it a look. I didn't remember it having a model name or reverb. I probably won't have a chance to fire it up until I return from the conference, but when I come back I'll check it out with the Luna electric. I am psyched. :hippie:

When I was asking about pedals someone suggested an amp with reverb for the sound I want. I'll see how this goes. I just listened to a YouTube demo and liked what I heard.

So you are saying I should give War a chance? :hippie:

You should listen to a clip of the Box of War. The name of the pedal is funny for you, but it is one of the most face melting fuzz pedals I have ever owned. Exactly the opposite of what you would want. :grin:

You should listen to a clip of the Box of War. The name of the pedal is funny for you, but it is one of the most face melting fuzz pedals I have ever owned. Exactly the opposite of what you would want. :grin:
Yeah, I'm all for warm but not fuzzy. :grin:

Followed you home, did it?

Congrats on the new amp Gary! With that amp, the reverb on it, and a distortion pedal, you'll be all set to get into Surf music! :thu:

Seriously, though, I think you'll love the clean sound, with just a hint of reverb for interest. If you need any more volume, you can always mic it.

Followed you home, did it?

Congrats on the new amp Gary! With that amp, the reverb on it, and a distortion pedal, you'll be all set to get into Surf music! :thu:

Seriously, though, I think you'll love the clean sound, with just a hint of reverb for interest. If you need any more volume, you can always mic it.
Actually, it has been in my house in storage for years; I just didn't realize that it had reverb. I can't wait to try it out, but pretty much have to - there's too much to do before I leave Friday.

With all deference to Elton John, it appears that it's not "sorry" that's the hardest word, it's "waiting."

I bought one a ways back thinking that I'd only use it for late night head phone practice but I've found that I like the clean tone so much that it's actually getting a lot of use through the speaker. I'm pretty sure you're going to enjoy that amp Gary.

With a 10" speaker vs the 8" in you little Vox, plus the fact that it is a Fender product, should give you a fatter or less thin clean tone. Plus the controls are likely very simple to grok, more so than the Vox modeler. It should work well for what you want to do.

Back