It is almost time.....

Denverdave

Resident Ragamuffin
....to start the slow process of tweaking the pedalboard. Actually - it is closer to a total overhaul. My pedalboard has been untouched for about a year and a half now. It works well, but....

Current pedalboard...

Boss Tuner- stays....
Wampler Hot Wired - Goes. I love the low gain side but the mid-gain side - not so much. Will replace with a low gain pedal and a fuzz (or a Rat clone). Overall this pedal is a great one - I just want a different tone for the grittier tones than this gives.
CMatmods Signa Drive - Stays. My fave dirt pedal I have ever owned.
EHX LPB-1 - May or may not stay. I may use the low gain pedal as a boost instead.
EHX Neo Clone - A great sounding chorus. I rarely use it though. I'll keep it but it may not be on the board. Probably get a phaser or a EHX Worm instead.
Boss DD-3 - Goes. I like the pedal a lot....but I want one with a tap tempo.

Now I just need some gigs so I can afford to do this... :embarrassed:

I might even get a new board and start from scratch......but that will up the $$$ investment quite a bit.

I really love my pedaltrain with hardshell case. my voodoo labs pedal power II+ is mounted underneath. I actually think having a good power supply really helps preserve against tone suck and reduces noise a lot. worth the investment in my book.

hard to beat a mxr phase 90, super great sounding and very inexpensive.

Why not keep the Wampler and only use the low gain side instead of getting a new low gain pedal? You have plenty of room on the board.

I actually just picked up a Pedaltrain Mini with an ISO5 because I was accused of having a board big enough to make the Edge blush.

+1 to @sleewell

Nice!!

yeah I have the pt2 and its too big for my current band since im using a lot less pedals. wish I had something smaller but overall its a great setup.

also for delay check out the digitech DL-8. its on sale for 60 bucks today at MF. it has a looper and tap tempo.

Last edited:
for sure, I see them going for 70 bucks all the time. I don't think you'll sell it though, its a lot of fun. I love mine. its great for straight digital delay but the modulated and tape settings are great too. the looper is helpful for practicing too.

@smurfco berated me and my pedals for an hour about wanting to buy a Pedaltrain Pro. I'll post both of my boards when I get back to the house. I'm actually really happy with the smaller rig.

Well....the DL-8 delivers today. I ordered Tuesday....pretty dang fast turnaround......

So the Boss DD-3 goes onto Reverb by the weekend.

Why not keep the Wampler and only use the low gain side instead of getting a new low gain pedal? You have plenty of room on the board.

It's possible. The problem with the current board is that the power section will only power six pedals. I would have to do something else to use more.

It's possible. The problem with the current board is that the power section will only power six pedals. I would have to do something else to use more.

I thought you were planning on replacing the Wampler with a low gain pedal and a fuzz, so you would either taking a pedal away and adding 2 or keeping 1 pedal and adding a second?

I am not sure about the boss tuner pedal, but TC Polytune has a power out built into the pedal. When my board outgrew my power, I just bought a cable to power a pedal off the tuner. I downsized my board, so I don't need it now, but I always have that option.

I thought you were planning on replacing the Wampler with a low gain pedal and a fuzz, so you would either taking a pedal away and adding 2 or keeping 1 pedal and adding a second?

I am not sure about the boss tuner pedal, but TC Polytune has a power out built into the pedal. When my board outgrew my power, I just bought a cable to power a pedal off the tuner. I downsized my board, so I don't need it now, but I always have that option.

I am also planning and getting a new pedalboard eventually. The Wampler replacement is coming....just a ways down the line. Two or three gigs away since I only spend gig money on new gear.

I just checked and apparently my tuner will power other pedals as well. I did not know that.....thanks for that info.

I am also planning and getting a new pedalboard eventually. The Wampler replacement is coming....just a ways down the line. Two or three gigs away since I only spend gig money on new gear.

I just checked and apparently my tuner will power other pedals as well. I did not know that.....thanks for that info.

If you only need to power 1 more pedal, this is what I bought and it works.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PPBARR

Back