Achtung! It has arrived

Honestly, I don’t really know yet.

Once I got a chance to really play it, i realized the action was super super high. The bridge saddles are jacked up as high as they will go.

The intonation is also way off. I’m sure that has to do with the height of the saddles.

So I’m taking it in for a setup in the morning.
Did they not set it up? My students Valentine played really well. And he bought it at GC.

Did they not set it up? My students Valentine played really well. And he bought it at GC.

Judging by the weird water spot/ swirl marks it showed up with, and the weirdnesse with the bridge, I think it was a return. I’m guessing they opened the case and looked for major damage, and didn’t look much further.

I can’t imagine that it left EBMM with that kind of setup.

Judging by the weird water spot/ swirl marks it showed up with, and the weirdnesse with the bridge, I think it was a return. I’m guessing they opened the case and looked for major damage, and didn’t look much further.

I can’t imagine that it left EBMM with that kind of setup.
Yikes. You never got to play it when you ordered it?

Yikes. You never got to play it when you ordered it?
I played a different one that was fantastic, but it was damaged in shipping. So they worked out a deal to send this one.

I know it will be fine once it set up. I’m just a little disappointed with the retailer that they would send out a guitar with out a setup. Especially a guitar at this price point.

I played a different one that was fantastic, but it was damaged in shipping. So they worked out a deal to send this one.

I know it will be fine once it set up. I’m just a little disappointed with the retailer that they would send out a guitar with out a setup. Especially a guitar at this price point.
Did you call them? I'd be on the phone with however sent it out.

After 3 hours of bench time, she plays like dream now. Crazy resonant. The neck is my favorite neck of all time. The unfinished roasted maple has a really unique feel.

That's awesome. And coming from a Reverend guy, that's a pretty strong compliment.

After 3 hours of bench time, she plays like dream now. Crazy resonant. The neck is my favorite neck of all time. The unfinished roasted maple has a really unique feel.

Roasted maple is awesome. Feels great and very stable with humidity. Where I live, it is super humid in the summer and dry as a bone in the winter. I’ve had no issues with the 3 roasted maple ones I have.

Roasted maple is awesome. Feels great and very stable with humidity. Where I live, it is super humid in the summer and dry as a bone in the winter. I’ve had no issues with the 3 roasted maple ones I have.
Our weather is the same here. It also seems more resonant to me.

Back