It’s amazing how I can have a brand new PRS for less than

Interesting, is PRS know for QC issues? I have never heard that before.

I think the opposite is the general opinion....PRS QC is really great, even on their import line. It was all part of a joke, but not a good one. Pots are easily replaced and cheap, and it isn't like PRS even made them, so it isn't really their fault one failed.

Last edited:
I think the opposite is the general opinion....PRS QC is really great, even on their import line. It was all part of a joke, but not a good one. Pots are easily replaced and cheap, and it isn't like PRS even made them, so it isn't really their fault one failed.
Yeah. Mine is a 2015 model that probably has sat on the wall for a year at Jims Music so I’m not very upset. And after playing 10-15 PRS guitars at Namm I’ve come to th conclusion that this is the only PRS guitar on the planet that I should own.

Not a quality control issue. It worked when they made it/doesn't work now.

Some percentage of the best does fail. If they put less than the best, "garbage" in the guitar, then that would be a very poor decision and something we can bitch about, warn others about.

One bad pot,
Don't spoil the whole guitar, baby.
The-Osmonds.jpg

A phone call to Jim’s music yesterday has left me...dissatisfied....with their customer service. If I don’t hear back tomorrow I’m contacting PRS directly.

Back