Isolation isn't a good thing for me (build thread)...

RyanNo3

Pedals - Pedals - Pedals
Day 6....

I got on a King of Tone loop.... Trying to justify one... There is no reason... Then I looked at clones that sourced the same parts and original diodes... Still too expensive.

Found the diodes... I'm building one... FFS. It's still half of what the clones are running.

And I'm modding my TS7.

I think that's all for now... Waiting on parts.

Most of the PCB Bluesbreaker's are too big to put in a common enclosure (at least in the 1590BB) footprint. I tried a short while back... So I'll have a couple Prince of Tones too.

Most of the PCB Bluesbreaker's are too big to put in a common enclosure (at least in the 1590BB) footprint. I tried a short while back... So I'll have a couple Prince of Tones too.

There's currently a massive thread on TGP on the KoT which has partially shifted to whether there are differences in sound between the KoT and PoT. So I'll be interested in your findings. My gut tells me they can be set up to sound exactly the same, in a variety of positions. It's simply a matter of modes and dip switches.

Ok then. I realized that I was showing @Help!I'maRock! and @smurfco but failed to update everyone. So here's everything.

Board population

upload_2017-11-23_11-46-41.png

After destroying a potentiometer like an asshole, I got the replacement in the mail yesterday.

upload_2017-11-23_11-46-8.png

upload_2017-11-23_11-38-35.png

upload_2017-11-23_11-44-39.png

Final product -
upload_2017-11-23_11-48-18.png

It sounds great through my Champ. I've got some recording equipment so I'll set that up over the holiday weekend to demo.

And if he's up to it, I'd like to hear @Mark Wein A/B next to the real deal.

Back