Is Art & Lutherie’s Cedar a Hummingbird copy?

jp_nyc

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Are the guitars in Art & Lutherie’s Cedar Dreadnaught (sic) series Hummingbird copies? They lack the campy 50s country styling, but the body seems pretty similar. I’m looking into getting a Hummingbird that doesn’t cost over $4,000 and this seems to be a better option than an Epiphone or specious MIJ copies.
gtrcedarsunrise.jpg

Well, that shape IS what makes a dread a dread. And if that pic is true, they bear little resemblance to the Gibby as the pickguard is totally different, the rosette around the soundhole is off the rim, and it has dot instead of split block inlays..

Just the same shape (I think) and paint job. Those Epi Hummingbirds did not get well reviewed when they came out.

I’ll have to find a local shop and try one. I played on of the Epi hummingbirds yesterday and it sounded like shit. Lots of boom and bass, but none of the sympathetic sounds on the high end. I have two clients paying me soon, so maybe I’ll go to GC and see if they’ll knock 10% off one of those exclusive $2,000 Hummingbird Pro models. They don’t look like much, but they sound amazing.

Back