Irrational GAS!!!

micwalt

Too Controversial To Have An Athleisure Line
http://www.behringer.com/en/products/x-touch.aspx
X-TOUCH_Top.jpg

I miss having real knobs, buttons, and faders in my recording setup. They are totally unnecessary, but I still miss them. I've been using a mixer app on my iPad that connects via wi-fi, and it works like a charm. And yet, I still crave the physical knobs, buttons, and faders.
Enter the Behringer X-Touch. Only $599, and it has all the features I'm missing. There's even a compact model with a few less features for $399. I need to sell some gear and pre-order one at Sweetwater.

Behringer has sort of reinvented itself recently, especially in the mixer arena.
Everybody is using their X-32 mixers around here these days.

Behringer will long be unforgiven in my book. Mild success (they're not a very good sounding console) with one product, does not equal redemption. But, if it's a non-mission critical device like a controller, I suppose it's worth a gamble. I'm doing a whole studio upgrade soon and will need to start shopping for a new controller. When it comes to mixing, I really like having faders. Doing volume automation on multiple tracks "in the box" is annoying.

Behringer will long be unforgiven in my book. Mild success (they're not a very good sounding console) with one product, does not equal redemption. But, if it's a non-mission critical device like a controller, I suppose it's worth a gamble. I'm doing a whole studio upgrade soon and will need to start shopping for a new controller. When it comes to mixing, I really like having faders. Doing volume automation on multiple tracks "in the box" is annoying.
I have a couple of their keyboard amps here at the studio. Its amazing how they have figured out how to maximize 60 cycle hum and other grounding issues in every product!

Back