Iron Gear pickups birthday haul.

Knox in Box

Rustbelt refugee.
Well I got surprised by my wife who I had told not to buy anything else after she let me buy my latest guitar.

IMG_20170124_134124.jpg

She couldn't leave well enough alone though and bought me the pickups set that I was looking at for my Trini Lopez kit. Iron Gear Rolling Mill and Alchemist 90 set (and some locking tuners that I was curious about).

IMG_20170217_135403.jpg

Now I have to fight the curiosity since it will be a few months before I get to actually "BUILD" the guitar and hear the pickups. The curiosity is going to kill me.

Last edited:
Well I got surprised by my wife who I had told not to buy anything else after she let me buy my latest guitar.

View attachment 32052

She couldn't leave well enough alone though and bought me the pickups set that I was looking at for my Trini Lopez kit. Iron Gear Rolling Mill and Alchemist 90 set (and some locking tuners that I was curious about).

View attachment 32053

Now I have to fight the curiosity since it will be a few months before I get to actually "BUILD" the guitar and hear the pickups. The curiosity is going to kill me.

Excellent. Please update us on how the pickups sound when you get it done. I've been curious about Iron Gear (particularly the Alchemist 90 and Blues Engine) for some time but haven't ordered any.

Excellent. Please update us on how the pickups sound when you get it done. I've been curious about Iron Gear (particularly the Alchemist 90 and Blues Engine) for some time but haven't ordered any.
Sure will, but like I've said, it will be a few months. Needs to get warmer before I can paint it, then let it cure, then assemble. But I will let you know.

Back