Dig it! Introducing...Dreamer!

Gary Blanchard

beloved, local musician
Dreamer.jpg

I picked her up today between classes. I gave the artist, Hannah Brookman, two guidelines - to have the word Dream at the top and a peace symbol. Everything else I left up to her. She got in touch Monday, while I was on vacation, to let me know it was ready. She asked if I wanted to see a picture or to wait until I picked it up; I was very tempted to ask for the picture, but I decided to see it unveiled in person.

When I unzipped the gig bag, I was blown away. I love blue, and was happily surprised that she chose it as the background. The flowers and butterfly totally capture the "flower power" vibe. I really liked the "Dream" sticker on the other guitar, and knew I wanted that word here. I think this really works.

My Summer of Love guitar is cool, but that copies another design. Now I have something that is totally unique, and will be a real conversation piece. I can't wait to string it up and try it out. (That is an Epiphone Masterbuilt guitar underneath the paint; it has been my open tuning guitar and will keep that role.)

:hippie:

Listening to your tunes it's clear to see the artist captured the Gary vib.
The funny thing is, I don't know that she has heard my music. She is much younger that my usual demographic. (As is anyone not getting AARP mailings. :grin:)

I did give her a copy of my new CD today when I picked it up. I paid her well, too. She gave me a price-per hour range; I paid her at the top of that range.

I got her strung up and it sounds nice. I am going to need to put yet another set of string on though; the set I brought to the office have tarnish marks all along the string and don't sound as nice as they should. I can say that the paint did not hurt the resonance of the guitar.

Dreamer 2.jpg

All strung up and ready to go. The brown strap I had on it didn't work as well, but I had this from the Blue Luna Eclipse; it is perfect for this guitar. I am also starting to write a new song with it. Groovy! :hippie:

This coming Saturday night will be the annual talent show at my church. I plan to do four songs; two on the Gibson and two on Dreamer. The following Friday I will also take it to the TV show I will be on.

Back