Interview Mojo Request

335clone

Living the dream
I hadn't mentioned it but I have been back on the job hunt recently. I have a first-ever video conference interview scheduled for this afternoon. I hate interviewing in the first place, and doing it via webcam does not make it any easier. The delay thing makes me uncomfortable and I do not want to talk over him or otherwise mess this up. It is a great opportunity though it is listed as a 6 month contract position (that I fully intend to make into a full time position). I don't want to give too much detail and jinx it in any way, but it would involve working on flight hardware again, for a small company recently acquired by a large entity. This could be a really big deal. My recruiter says I am on a very short list.

So here is hoping I don't fuck this up.:embarrassed:

Good luck.

I've historically not been really good at interviews, though I haven't had one in several years. The last several interviews I've had have been with people I've known and worked with for the last 16 years, and even on those, I get stressed and nervous. I've still gotten those jobs, but the few interviews I've done outside of my company have apparently been unadulterated train wrecks, since I never got those jobs.

Good luck man. I've actually got a 100% success rate for couple of video and phone interviews I've done. OK they were for shitty schools in jihadi infested parts of the globe but still, an interview you can do in your boxers is a winner in my books :grin:

It sounds stupid but I wish I got more stressed about interviews but I can't and it ends up with me coming across as maybe a bit too flippant or not having that killer edge.

Ironically the job I'm in just now I forgot all about the interview as I thought I had no chance of getting it so went in completely unprepared, waffled on a little bit and knocked it out of the park (or so I'm told) :grin:

Interview mojo.....I hope it goes well.

I have not had a job interview in about 13 years and the last one I did was over the phone (and I didn't get the job).

Back