Internet experts on the Boss ES-8 FB page

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
https://www.facebook.com/groups/bosses8/

I liked the pic of Yngwies' board with his ES-8 and everyone bitching about how lame it is.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10211959085945139&set=gm.2006585552896913&type=3&theater

Screen Shot 2017-06-18 at 12.27.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-18 at 12.29.16 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-18 at 12.29.27 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-18 at 12.30.12 PM.png

Not that I'm surprised but Yngwie's board is very minimalist. I guess there's a good lesson to be learned there.

Hey, at least he actually uses his signature overdrive pedal, as opposed to some guys who are never seen with their signature gear...

It's Howie's worst nightmare!

I'm a self diagnosed compression whore, the more the merrier...

Look at the dials on Yngwie's Dynacomp compared to mine.

That's an ass-ton of compression Walter.

248bb7b5bc2e23c8fec7283c6015fda3.jpg
04ae29f202c9a7cc0aaf61c4ace3f70e.jpg

Edit:

P.S.

I have the better Boss Noise Suppressor. Mine's a Black Label MIJ. Yngwie be running that cheap Indonesian shit.

Awe gawddammit. Now I'm over-Analysing phocking Yngwie's rig and I can't even stand anything about that twinkie shovelling, no soul having, speed freak.

I showed my wife his comp settings compared to mine, then I said I could understand the sensitivity being dimed, but with the output level also dimed, it's going to overdrive everything else in the chain...

Then I asked "and why in the Hell would he have his Noise Suppressor in line AFTER the comp?

Then it hit me. Ding ding ding!

He HAS to have that suppressor where it is in order to tame the insane amount of residual noise being forced down the pipe by the maxed out MXR.

I'll bet that rig squeals like a dozen stuck pigs without that NS-3.

His whole layout runs counter to commonly held best practices in terms of signal chain order.

Whatever works...

For a legend, he does a lot of shit wrong :)

Awe gawddammit. Now I'm over-Analysing phocking Yngwie's rig and I can't even stand anything about that twinkie shovelling, no soul having, speed freak.

I showed my wife his comp settings compared to mine, then I said I could understand the sensitivity being dimed, but with the output level also dimed, it's going to overdrive everything else in the chain...

Then I asked "and why in the Hell would he have his Noise Suppressor in line AFTER the comp?

Then it hit me. Ding ding ding!

He HAS to have that suppressor where it is in order to tame the insane amount of residual noise being forced down the pipe by the maxed out MXR.

I'll bet that rig squeals like a dozen stuck pigs without that NS-3.

His whole layout runs counter to commonly held best practices in terms of signal chain order.

Whatever works...

For a legend, he does a lot of shit wrong :)

He has everything going into the switcher. Just because it looks laid out in an order doesn't mean that is where it actually is in the chain.

Back