Instant gratification or wait?

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
Prymaxe is having a sale. I can get the EHX Green Russian for $60 shipped. That's pretty much what I've been looking at them used for.

Line6 is coming out with a new Helix product. The specifics are unknown. 2 weeks out from NAMM, they're tight lipped. But, there's a Triangle Muff model on it, and I could always add an EQ behind it to get different muff toanz.

I'm sure there will be something else that comes out at NAMM that piques my interest.

So, sale or wait? I'm not usually on the fence like this, but here we are.

I'm hoping you get the Green Russian so we can compare that to the Chicago Stompworks one I have next time at the barn.

I say snag the pedal. The new Helix thing may be cool, but it is Line 6. It will either be complicated to setup correctly or cheaply made or both.

I'm hoping you get the Green Russian so we can compare that to the Chicago Stompworks one I have next time at the barn.

I say snag the pedal. The new Helix thing may be cool, but it is Line 6. It will either be complicated to setup correctly or cheaply made or both.

I think the thing about the Green Russian is I'll be able to find them next month used for the $60 price. So yeah, I want it, but it's not like they're rare or anything.

As for a multi, I don't find programming all that difficult. Start with a new blank preset and build from there. As for build quality, the flagship Helix has good reviews. I'm guessing something new would be in the LT line, and those have been better rated than their past work so far. So we'll see.

I think the thing about the Green Russian is I'll be able to find them next month used for the $60 price. So yeah, I want it, but it's not like they're rare or anything.

As for a multi, I don't find programming all that difficult. Start with a new blank preset and build from there. As for build quality, the flagship Helix has good reviews. I'm guessing something new would be in the LT line, and those have been better rated than their past work so far. So we'll see.

I was thinking more of adjusting on the fly, or lik OGG’s patch level issues. One thing I found when using the Nova System was the level issue. Not necessarily one preset is louder than another, just when you get to turn up the amp, the dirt reacts differently so instead to tweaking once, you have to tweak every patch with dirt.

I was thinking more of adjusting on the fly, or lik OGG’s patch level issues. One thing I found when using the Nova System was the level issue. Not necessarily one preset is louder than another, just when you get to turn up the amp, the dirt reacts differently so instead to tweaking once, you have to tweak every patch with dirt.

I mean, you have to do that with pedals too. What I like about the Helix is it has more knobs than most other multis (The BOSS GT-100 also has a lot of knobs). So you run into less of that than on other systems. But I agree it's a concern.

I mean, you have to do that with pedals too. What I like about the Helix is it has more knobs than most other multis (The BOSS GT-100 also has a lot of knobs). So you run into less of that than on other systems. But I agree it's a concern.

yeah, but you have your muff, you turn the knob once. You have a multi with where the muff is in 10 different patches, you are now editing 10 different patches. At least that's how the Nova System worked. I would think most work that way because some folks would like their effected tweaked differently in different patches. I guess it's not a big deal these days for me at least. I go to my neighbors to jam a few times a month and the barn and that's it. I guess another solution is go to a solid state amp, like a Roland JC. Then it wouldn't matter.

yeah, but you have your muff, you turn the knob once. You have a multi with where the muff is in 10 different patches, you are now editing 10 different patches. At least that's how the Nova System worked. I would think most work that way because some folks would like their effected tweaked differently in different patches. I guess it's not a big deal these days for me at least. I go to my neighbors to jam a few times a month and the barn and that's it. I guess another solution is go to a solid state amp, like a Roland JC. Then it wouldn't matter.

I guess I don't envision using a multi like other people do, where every song gets it's own patch. That's one reason "pedalboard mode" is so important to me. It's why I didn't get the BOSS GT-1. Because that thing sounds awesome.

I guess I don't envision using a multi like other people do, where every song gets it's own patch. That's one reason "pedalboard mode" is so important to me. It's why I didn't get the BOSS GT-1. Because that thing sounds awesome.

That was my intention with the Nova System. Pedalboard mode. The only problem was only one modulation "pedal" at a time. So if you wanted to go from flanger to phaser, you had to bend down and push the mod button a few times to change it.

That was my intention with the Nova System. Pedalboard mode. The only problem was only one modulation "pedal" at a time. So if you wanted to go from flanger to phaser, you had to bend down and push the mod button a few times to change it.

Helix is way more flexible. :bacon:

Weren't you recently selling stuff to fund your child's 529 account and your IRA?

361176.jpg

Back