Incoming.

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
I have a Scumback M75-PVC-8-65w / FBI waiting for me at work for my Holland. Its essentially their version of a Celestion Creamback...they were having a big sale on TGP and I took advantage of that and then paid them $10 to break it in for me. I'll try to do a "before and after" video tonight....

Well, that was disappointing. Speaker was blown on arrival. Ran the holland through my Suhr cab with the Creamback and it sounded incredible so I know its not the amp.

:facepalm:

How could it possibly be blown on arrival? That's crazy. Fortunately Scumback isn't a scumbag. Seems like a good guy that'll take care of you.

Not going well. emailing with Jim from the company and apparently there is a way to bolt your speakers in when you are using lighter vintage frames like this. There was a "how to install your speakers" link in the order email but I didn't bother reading it since I've been swapping speakers around since the 80's :facepalm:

Looks like I might have bent the frame. I need to bring some wrenches to work tomorrow and install it per instructions and see if it works.

Dear SCUMback, perhaps a warning label or a hang tag referring the end user to the proper installation techniques?

Dear SCUMback, perhaps a warning label or a hang tag referring the end user to the proper installation techniques?

Well, there was the link in the email when I ordered it but a physical tag would have been nice...I'm sure there are tons of guys like me who think that swapping the speaker is like any old Celestion out of the box.

Now that's service. Hopefully that follows all the way through.

Sent from my Moto X 2014 using Tapatalk

Back