Dig it! Incoming toy this week...

I missed the dream mando refer somehow..was it a crazy old gibbie? Original Loar i bet.

Yup. 1923 Loar. There's a great YouTube video of him playing his and two others that were built around the same time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

so...since I have no idea about mandos...

what's this F & A thing y'all are taling about?
tunings?

so...since I have no idea about mandos...

what's this F & A thing y'all are taling about?
tunings?
Model designations. One had a scroll upper bout (F) , kinda the classic mando look and the other looks like Kerouacs (A).
Which is just as authentic, but rounded. Sorta the cutaway/non cutaway world of mandolins.

You should get one. Hayseed Dixie does AC/DC on them.

Gibson-Mandolins-Banner-e1324527552406.png

A - F - A - F

Bluegrassers are nuts for F styles. Celtic seem to prefer A. Orchestral is usually A with an oval sound hole.

F's are very cool, but you can buy a much better A for what you spend on a lower end F. I'm not planning on collecting mandolins like I do with guitars, so a really solid A style it is.

I like the twirly bit on the F, but if it's gonna cost a bunch more, it ain't that important, I'd take an A.

all said, I'm gonna paint skulls on it anyways, so....

I'd be happy learning Copperhead Road. :embarrassed:

there is a mando on that, right?

I hear 99% of stuff as a punk/metal tune

I just looked up Copperhead Road on youtube and realized I had never seen Steve Earle's face before....

and at the time, he was not at all looking like a heroin addict, he was not a scrawny dude at all.

shocked.

wonder why it took this long for me to see what he looked like...

the hair and bandanna, I had that right in my head, though :lol:

and at the time, he was not at all looking like a heroin addict, he was not a scrawny dude at all.
shocked.
wonder why it took this long for me to see what he looked like...
the hair and bandanna, I had that right in my head, though :lol:

His past habits aged him rapidly. I'm so glad he survived. Some of his best writing was post prison and drugs.
A few years back:
steve-earle-1-sized.jpg

The Andy approved beard works better for him.
Today:
steve-earle-press-photo-300dpi.jpg

Andy, you familiar with SHEL. They're very much in the mold of Nickel Creek, but they're all sisters.

I hate that you got that price on that mando. I've wanted one for years (thanks to Chris), but my price range is for a cheap one and I'm never able to just drop $350 at any given time were I even to find a deal like yours.

Andy, you familiar with SHEL. They're very much in the mold of Nickel Creek, but they're all sisters.

I hate that you got that price on that mando. I've wanted one for years (thanks to Chris), but my price range is for a cheap one and I'm never able to just drop $350 at any given time were I even to find a deal like yours.

I'll check them out in a bit.

Honestly, this is more than I really had as readily available cash and I had to dip into some other gear money. But I have a couple of new gigs lined up and some new students starting, so I jumped on it.

Sent from none of your fuckin' business!

I just love that Trinity sound hole. They discontinued the Trinity 12-string, but this is still available.

I think the one you got is more suitable for your music.

That dark burst is one of my favorite finishes ever.

If I could have an LP type like that I would at the drop of the proverbial hat.

Back