Incoming NPD

GDSmithTX

Corporate cog
DOD 201 Phaser Reissue: Nice clear, watery two-stage phaser that can cop a lot of Trower/Gilmour/Walsh tones and replace my BBE Soul Vibe.

Hat tip to Help!I'maRock! for the suggestion.

maxresdefault.jpg

Definitely a sweet pedal, but also not what I think of when I think of something to replace the Soul Vibe (a Univibe type pedal, rather than a phaser).

I have a Dunlop Univibe AND a script Phase 90 on my board.

Definitely a sweet pedal, but also not what I think of when I think of something to replace the Soul Vibe (a Univibe type pedal, rather than a phaser).

I need one pedal that can approximate a vibe and sound better than the Soul Vibe, which I don't really like.

HNPD! What happened, I thought DOD was defunct? They made (make) some great stuff.

The soul vibe is terrible. All the bbe stuff is really. While a phaser won't exactly nail it, it will still sound better than the bbe.

The soul vibe is terrible. All the bbe stuff is really. While a phaser won't exactly nail it, it will still sound better than the bbe.
I tried out the Soul Vibe and thought it did the UV thing pretty well. It was just bigger than the Dunlop pedal and didn't sound that much different to me which is why I went with the Dunlop.

A phaser's sweep is totally different.

I tried out the Soul Vibe and thought it did the UV thing pretty well. It was just bigger than the Dunlop pedal and didn't sound that much different to me which is why I went with the Dunlop.

I really dug the Soul Vibe for a while, but when the honeymoon wore off I found the more I played through it, the less I liked it.

I really dug the Soul Vibe for a while, but when the honeymoon wore off I found the more I played through it, the less I liked it.
I don't use my UV a lot. It's more of a textural thing. There's one point where I smash the front end of the UV with a boost then the UV is feeding one of my ODs and it just sounds real ugly. It feeds back and it sounds really angry. It's kinda cool.

I bought the soul vibe on a sdotd. I couldn't get rid of it fast enough. The signal dropped, it was noisy and the quality of the sound wasn't good. Everything I've tried from bbe is like that. Sure a phaser and univibe sweep differently, but I bet most non players couldn't tell the difference in a live situation. Sure the one guy in the audience who plays guitar will chuckle to himself and tell his buddy that the dumb ass guitarist on stage is using a phaser when he should be using a vibe, but fuck that guy in his meathead face :grin:

I bought the soul vibe on a sdotd. I couldn't get rid of it fast enough. The signal dropped, it was noisy and the quality of the sound wasn't good. Everything I've tried from bbe is like that. Sure a phaser and univibe sweep differently, but I bet most non players couldn't tell the difference in a live situation. Sure the one guy in the audience who plays guitar will chuckle to himself and tell his buddy that the dumb ass guitarist on stage is using a phaser when he should be using a vibe, but fuck that guy in his meathead face :grin:
LOL I guess, but I can get ugly sounds out of the UV I can't get with any phaser I've used. :shrug:

Back