Hot or Not? Incoming New Wah Day

gtrjunior

Wannabe
I have a fill-in gig this weekend and I decided to play my Splawn Quickrod. Problem is I haven't assembled a pedal board for the amp. Ive been (slowly) working on a home-built board but the project has been on hold for a little while.
Anyway, I put together a basic board for the gig and pulled out my very first wah pedal I've ever owned. An original cry baby...it's gotta be 25 years old.
So I assembled and wired up a board but the wah isn't cooperating. Intermittent crackling and signal loss/dropout and what have you.
So I bought a new crybaby...the 95Q model...no switch to have to step on, just start rocking it and when you step off the effect turns itself off...(just like Morley). Plus a Q control to adjust the sweep and a boost function.
Should he here Thursday or Friday.

I've got a Crybaby 535Q. I like it, but being able to to worry whether it "clicked" on is a real step up. Sounds like a good purchase.

A few years ago I bought a Morley Bad Horsie 2. One of the things I really liked was the switch less design. It's just such a huge pedal....I had no idea Dunlop had made a wah that did that until just the other day.

Board has changed some since. He wanted me to make it smaller, this was a compromise.

Is there a way to get a cocked-wah sound out of it? So it still provides whatever degree of consistent honk you want? That's one of the things that can be cool about a wah...at least to me.

Is there a way to get a cocked-wah sound out of it? So it still provides whatever degree of consistent honk you want? That's one of the things that can be cool about a wah...at least to me.
Good question....ill let you know later today.
It will be delivered this afternoon.

Here's where my pedal board project is stalled...
318e1fb7778218d369e202569f13ca52.jpg
c03f7a179ca00b056f40c696c41d2abd.jpg

The last piece of the project is designing a removable cover. I have an design idea that will work, I just need to take some measurements and get at it....

All of the power supply pieces will go inside the bottom along with a junction box and possibly, if needed a couple of "always on" pedals. The rest of the pedals will be on top, all controlled with a switcher. Delay will be midi controlled. And the actual patch cables will be on top also in the event that I need to trouble shoot at a gig I don't want to have to trace wiring from underneath etc...
And of course it will be stained all purdy-like.

I have the pedal all set up and it is possible o get both the "toe up" and "toe down" cocked sound. However you'll need to keep your foot on the pedal. The "toe up" engages pretty much right as you step on the pedal. The pedal sounds pretty killer too.
Here's my "small" setup for this weekend. It has the bare essentials:
2d7e9e8ded2f230b0dd00b73b7c21334.jpg

And the amp for this gig:
da25e73695ed7c52a971ce7323ca8aee.jpg

Pardon my absolute mess in the background....

Back