Incoming NAD (aka rebuilding my credit) - Carvin content

I got the amp about 10 days ago. It sounded great. That is, until it stopped working. One night I was playing and it suddenly stopped producing sound while the power light was on. There were no cable or speaker problems. I sent it back for a refund. I'll stick with what I have for the time being. Such is life.
::):):)cry::cry:

sorry to hear this. makes me sad.

A Fender of one type or another. It wasn't very loud though. I expected more out of it.

that might be a BIG clue. a 16 watter should be very loud in a room.
i can't EVEN think about turning up my 5 watter to half in my apartment. i'd be evicted in an hour.

that might be a BIG clue. a 16 watter should be very loud in a room.
i can't EVEN think about turning up my 5 watter to half in my apartment. i'd be evicted in an hour.
That's what I thought. I used to have a 5e3. At 5, it was louder than I could handle. I had this one pegged with the Soak and Volume at 10. It wasn't nearly as loud. And I was using the same speaker cabinet.

That's what I thought. I used to have a 5e3. At 5, it was louder than I could handle. I had this one pegged with the Soak and Volume at 10. It wasn't nearly as loud. And I was using the same speaker cabinet.

sounds like you got a bummer right out of the box.
sorry.

I don't think so. It was working fine. Then it just stopped working in the middle of playing a chord. It really doesn't matter. It went back.

why not get a replacement? did it sound good at least?

have you checked out the peavey classic? those are great amps

I may get something different at some point. This experience just made me appreciate what I already have more. If I buy something else, I'll probably go to a local amp repair guy to see what they have available. I hate shipping amps.

Back