incoming: first non EQD pedal in a long time

sleewell

Kick Henry Jackassowski
played a show last weekend where one of the other guitar players used my amp because his had just broke. so we got to talking gear and i noticed he had a TC Electronics flashback 4x. it sounded really good and i love delays so i was quickly researching them and pricing them out after the show.

i found a good deal on the triple delay model and its on the way. its cool that you can load in hundreds of toneprint models using your phone and even modulation effects too. plus if you set the delays really short you can get reverb sounds and it has 7 seconds of delay so that's sort of like having a short looper.

flashback-triple-delay-front.png

I have both the regular flashback and the X4. Both are great. The X4 seems to have superior sound quality but it might just be all in my head. But it is midi controllable so that's a huge plus.

I desire this pedal badly.

I'm not a particularly experienced delay user, but this one seems like it could do almost anything and everything you'd want. With the TC Electronic sound editing software, it seems you'd be able to get every other NOT out of the box sound of interest/desire if you have the time and patience.

The ability to layer the delays ad how they are layered...atmosphere upon atmosphere...

The whole tone print thing is why I bailed on them. Just way too many options for a simpleton like me. I had the Alter Ego and the T2 reverb. Both awesome pedals, but I ended up downloading tone prints and tweaking shit more than I actually used them. On that one, can you use the 3 delays at the same time, or is it one at a time?

its basically 3 independent delay pedals in one box. you can use them one at a time or all at once or 2 of the 3 at once. you can run them in series or parallel.

the alter ego 4x and flashback 4x are a bit different. they have 3 presets but you can only have one on at time but they have more full fledged loopers which this triple delay does not have.

Last edited:
its basically 3 independent delay pedals in one box. you can use them one at a time or all at once or 2 of the 3 at once. you can run them in series or parallel.

the alter ego 4x and flashback 4x are a bit different. they have 3 presets but you can only have one on at time but they have more full fledged loopers which this triple delay does not have.

Damn you, I was hoping you were going to say one at a time only :grin:

Back