Improvising solos in Rock

The Question is

• Do you never improvise your solos?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
When I play in a cover band, I feel there are certain solos that need to be played exactly as they were recorded. Some solos were so well written and performed that they're an integral part of the song and the audience expects to hear it that way. If I don't put in the effort to learn it, or feel that, hey man, it's my solo, I'll do what I want, well, then I should probably be playing in a blues band where that type of approach is expected. Time and place for everything.

have you ever "channeled" a particular famous player...not on purpose.....but you're "in the zone" and it just happens.....yer playing stuff that you KNOW you can't play....but you ARE playing it.
while i LOVE when it happens.....it drives me crazy....cuz i'd like to be able to call it up at will......but it just does not happen that way.
Back in the day, our blues band was screwing around during practice and launched into the guitar parts of Freebird. It was the funniest and most memorable practice ever. And damn good.

Back in the day, our blues band was screwing around during practice and launched into the guitar parts of Freebird. It was the funniest and most memorable practice ever. And damn good.

yep....one time at rehersal, i brought my talk box, cuz we were gonna do Rocky Mountain Way......which we did rehearse......then somehow, we ended up in the middle of "Do You Feel Like We Do"......it was awesome.

Back