I'm thinking about selling my Blue Sky and Brigadier delays and putting the money towards a

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
Strymon Timeline. I rarely use the reverb, could probably get by with an MXR Reverb for much less money if I really missed it and I am tired of fucking with the Brigadier. Preset delays would be helpful.

:hmm:

DD-500 is great. More than what I needed.

I introduced @smurfco to the H9 and we were doing cool robot noises and $hit last weekend - But you get all of the signature reverbs of Space etc.

I've had both and would recommend both -- The DD500 will get you closer to the Strymon though.

I've been tempted by the H9 just because of all the shit it can do. I always assumed that the future held an H9 and a Timeline both. Not sure what I actually need at this point thought. I usually prefer the sound of Stymon products over Eventide.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The user interface through the phone/ipad is what dings the H9 for me. The fidgety knobs on the DD-500 and Strymon are a better approach.

BUT

The plus one on H9 is the ability to max out H9 Core after you have a H9 Max. AND you get every update that Eventide pushes out.

The user interface through the phone/ipad is what dings the H9 for me. The fidgety knobs on the DD-500 and Strymon are a better approach.

BUT

The plus one on H9 is the ability to max out H9 Core after you have a H9 Max. AND you get every update that Eventide pushes out.
If you've played through all three then how do you feel about the sounds you get through each box?

If you've played through all three then how do you feel about the sounds you get through each box?

If I had to rank it -

#1 Strymon... I think they're the most true to life when it comes to signal processing. I did a demo with Lance at GearTalk with an EP-3, the El Cap, and the Belle Epoch. The El Cap was damn near identical to using the actual tape.

I'm torn between the H9 and DD-500. I almost push the H9 ahead because of all of the other stuff you get with it. I use mine for the pitchfactor and modulation but I really like the delays and reverbz. And for just delays the DD-500 is pretty awesome.

The DD-500 is DEEEP with settings. They have a design suite for your computer to set it all up that helps simplify it.

I don't think any of them sound bad - I don't think you can go wrong.

I like the computer editor for the Mobius and Strymon has been great to deal with both when I destroyed the button on my Brigadier and on Social Media. I wish there was aplace around here that I could try the H9 and Timeline side by side.

So I don't remember Timelines being $600 or the Mobius (which I bought mine several years ago) being $550. I could have sworn I bought my Mobius new for $450.

The nemesis and Duncan Andromeda are also possible options and cheaper...both have MIDI capabilities.

That said, I've never heard anyone complain about the Timeline...seems the model everyone else is trying to be/copy/top.

:hmm:

I might just order the Timeline today and put my stuff up for sale. I should be able to cover the cost of it with both the Blue Sky and the Brigadier. I also have the Pinnacle Deluxe v1 and at least one RC Booster and maybe two to sell as well. Perhaps I'll get the MXR Reverb as well to cover the rare instances where I actually need reverb. I actually have a two week break to tear my rig apart and do this if I order the stuff today.

charlie_sheen___digital_painting_by_joohvitor-d8hjg65.png

Back