I'm thankful for...

Bob411

thrumming with potential
P1110006.JPG
...UPS bringing me a guitar yesterday.

P1110009.JPG

I'm Thankful For..all of you witness protection named forumnites that have brightened dark days , been a blast to converse with, and got me cool shit. Y'All Rock!

Reactions: Tig
She is a looker.

Pickups are a little hotter than the Rose American Beauties in the Peavey Predator, and that was what I was planning to go for in this one. Pups that are in it are fine, no need to change. I do wish I took the pick guard off when I changed the strings. Just curios what they are. In person, you can see very easily that the middle pup is a different white than the other two. It's like somebody changed the pups but, didn't bother with the middle.

Having fun with the trem, only other Strat I have is the Peavey and, no bar for it. Amazed it stays in tune. The tuners on the Slammer Series Tele were crap. Don't know if these have been upgraded or, when whoever traded the Tele into GC put crap tuners on it when they got rid of it.

Bought some pickups. Thought hard on the Rose Robustos. Really liked them clean. Only found a few dirty clips/videos and, I couldn't translate their playing style/sound to what I want.

It came down to between Fender 69s and the fat 50s. Liked the Fat 50s a little more.

So I have some money left on the Sears gift card after buying the snowblower. Their marketplace is very strange. Most of the places want $300 for a Boss pedal. No that's not a joke. Most places wanted $200 to over $300 for the fat 50s. MF, with ought asking for a discount is $138. One place had a loaded pickguard with fat 50s in bridge and, middle and, a 69 in the neck. That was $150. Decent pots and switch, which I would of bought anyways. SOLD.

http://www.sears.com/fender-920d-cu...-SPM3627047421?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

Loaded pick guard is here. I don't think you could ask for a safer packing job. This is it for a while. I opened it up, hooked it up to an amp and, tested with a screwdriver, put it back in the box, wife is wrapping it up then, it sits under the tree till Christmas.

P1110046.JPG

P1110047.JPG

P1110048.JPG

Back