I'm sorry, but mead is disgusting

Why is that? I don't find this to be the case with my mead once I got my technique on point
I only do a batch every couple of years, so I'm sure I'm not nailing it. It comes out really alcoholic, which tastes better to me cold. I like my bourbon on the rocks, too.

Mead can vary a lot. There's dry , sweet, spiced, hopped, fruit-juiced... the list goes on. It's like saying you don't like beer or grape wine. Perhaps you just haven't found the right one.

Did you drink it from a flagon? S'probably yer problem right there.

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true.
cups.jpg

The only place I've been to around here that I know makes it is at The Livery in Benton Harbor. I wanted to try some when I went to the Tempest show there back in April, but they didn't have any that night. I guess they only make small batches of it, so sometimes they have it, sometimes no.

I still want to try mead sometime :embarrassed:

homebrewed mead is pretty good., I mean its not a quaffing drink, but a sip a few ounces type potable. But its not bad.
meadheads take their meads serious.
i know a dude who wins gold medals and blue ribbons for his meads. he also wears a kilt. probably unrelated.

I love African mead. I used to guzzle that stuff at the Ethiopian restaurants when I lived in DC. I’ve never bothered with the goofy spiced-up microbrew meads. That seems to defy the point of just fermenting honey.

Back