I'm sorry, but mead is disgusting

Never tried it. It's fermented honey, right? Doesn't sound appealing.

There's a place in town that specializes in mead. They have decent bands play there from time to time so I've gone and done the whole "when in Rome" thing. I've tried 4 or 5 different kinds thinking I might find a type I like. But no such luck. I'll stick to beer and whisky. :embarrassed:

I love mead, but there's a lot of bad mead on the market. I used to make my own....Chaucer's is good....it all depends on the maker.

I have tried to like mead as well.
Tastes like shit.
For some reason, I thought it would be sweet.
To me it just tastes like bad wine.

Yeah, I've tried a few and thought they all tasted pretty disgusting.

I went to a party where this fat hippie dude brought a big bottle of homemade mead. I was convinced he jizzed in the bottle and was having a laugh on all of us.

I knew a guy who made it. His was good. I've had it at the local Renn Faire too, which was OK. I couldn't drink a lot of it.

What's your problem?! They make excellent composition books:

Composition%20Book.jpg

I make my own, which I like, but the bar is lower for home-made stuff. And it's got to be ice-ice-ice cold.

I make my own, which I like, but the bar is lower for home-made stuff. And it's got to be ice-ice-ice cold.
Why is that? I don't find this to be the case with my mead once I got my technique on point

My first mead was Joe's ancient orange, by the half assed instructions online w/all the hillbilly ingredients and it tasted like crap. Approach it like any controlled fermentation with quality ingredients using a tested recipe to achieve your desired flavor profile and the product is a homerun.

Last edited:
I knew a guy that made his own, it was OK. I think that's the only time I've ever had it and remember thinking it wasn't something I could drink all night.

Back