I'm roasting a freakin chicken

tiger roach

Urban Bovine Knievel
And the reason I bring it up, is that a few years ago everyone was all about beer can chicken. And they do come out great that way - but after lots of debunking and heartache it seems the beer can itself isn't necessary, and may even inhibit the deliciousness somewhat. So these days I use a metal dealie that holds the bird up the same way, but let's the heat blast on up into the middle of everything. You can do the same with an empty beer can opened at both ends.

For the rub, I'm using some Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning. Excellent for chicken, as long as you don't get too heavy with it and make your chicken too salty.

Anyway, it'll be done with plenty of resting time before dinner, and it'll be yummy. Because it is pretty hard to screw up roast chicken. :tongue:

I seem to go on a roast chicken jag once or twice a year. My empirical evidence supports your lack of support for the beer can support.

In socal, I got even more into spatchcocking them and grilling them (suuuuuper fast), but now that I'm back on the frozen tundra I'll have to get back into the oven approach.

The last time I did a turkey I spatchcocked it - came out great, and a lot faster than a "Norman Rockwell" turkey. Haven't tried chicken that way yet.

I typically just truss them or stuff a fruit - a lemon or an apple, whatever - season with salt, pepper, and thyme, and blast it in the oven at 450 for slightly over a hour. Only way to go.

'chocked

Kershaw task master kitchen sheers are the business

9f9224af67e83828da991637cffa318d.jpg

Gotta spatchcock. I haven't done one since the last time it was cool enough to run the oven, but it seems like it only took about 25-30 minutes.

Back