I'm on the juice

Lerxst

spaghetti and blankets
We picked up a juice extractor and I've been making some pretty awesome juice concoctions. Anyone have any go-to combos?

Watermelon, mint & basil is just about the best thing ever!
Carrot, golden beet, cantaloupe & ginger is my morning favorite.

"Juice" approves.
upload_2014-10-1_17-3-14.jpeg

Those sound good. I don't use an extractor, but a vitamix, and make green smoothies most days. I have a go to mix that always has kale and spinach, a banana, some other fruit depending on season (watermelon IS good in there, as is cantaloupe, and pineapple), some chia seeds, some flax seeds, some protein powder I use, and ginger.

I would like to mix it up a little bit so may play a bit with your recipes.

Yes, an extractor removes most of the insoluble fiber... But, I already get plenty of fiber from the rest of my diet so it's not really an issue to me. If you want to up the fiber, a bender is the way to go.

Those sound good. I don't use an extractor, but a vitamix, and make green smoothies most days. I have a go to mix that always has kale and spinach, a banana, some other fruit depending on season (watermelon IS good in there, as is cantaloupe, and pineapple), some chia seeds, some flax seeds, some protein powder I use, and ginger.

I would like to mix it up a little bit so may play a bit with your recipes.
Spinich has almost zero flavor in the extractor so it works great to add nutrients to anything but man, sometimes adding dark green can make for an unappetizing looking beverage. Kale and celery definitely have a strong flavor impact.

Apples, pears and a dash of cinnamon. Tasty!

Spinich has almost zero flavor in the extractor so it works great to add nutrients to anything but man, sometimes adding dark green can make for an unappetizing looking beverage. Kale and celery definitely have a strong flavor impact.

Apples, pears and a dash of cinnamon. Tasty!
Yah, I use cinnamon, but I am careful sometimes as I don't want that flavor sometimes. Kale adds some flavor, but celery seems more dominant to me. I like that have at least one green smoothie per day, and like to have another one that maybe is less green. Pineapple, banana, melon, and ginger. Something like that. Cinnamon or not depending on my mood. I like an apple pie drink (apples cinnamon, maybe carrots (see below), and ginger as well. About the look, yeah, I get some looks at the office with my big Kerr jar full of glacial till. (or swamp ooze) But that is kind of fun too.

Oh, also, I usually leave the carrots out. Sometimes the apples too. When I am on a cleanse, or trying to use the smoothies as meal replacements, having the carrots and apples to chew on makes it easier to avoid other munchies.

I once juiced 30 habanero peppers. I don't recommend doing this. It ran us all out of the house for a bit. Then I mixed the pulp back into the juice.

Sounds tasty. You lose all the fiber when you do that, though, don't you?

You can actually reuse the pulp and make a fiber muffin. It's pretty delicious, though the texture is different.

I really like cucumber, apple, spinach, and kale, with a bit of ginger. Just remember that spinach and kale don't yield a lot of juice, but provide a lot of pulp.

Back