Mojo Request I'm Off Too Foo's For The Weekend!

one of my friends who was at this little pow wow on saturday has also played for act of arson. his results were the same as mine. it didn't turn out well. they're just too hard to work with, too bossy and weird.

Doctors and insurance agents running a popular music band is kinda :messedup: anyway if you ask me.
Most bands are as much good times as hard work and music. These guys didn't know what a good time was beyond some decorations on the table and tasteless gag gifts. I felt like I was at some kids birthday party at the show.

Look out. We're armed, headed for the woods and looking to fill the freezer with venison.
It's fucking COLD, too. Damn. Why do I spend my birthday every year sitting in the frozen woods?

It is.
Not so much when I was little. I was just stuck in a camper with mom while Foo and dad hunted. Most years I just fumed because I couldn't hang with my friends on my birthday.

Now I'm grateful for the peace and quiet. Honestly don't care much if I even see a deer. I'm just happy to be out of the city.

image.jpg

Our quarry. The elusive bovine deer. :grin:

Reactions: Tig
image.jpg

Foo the elemental.
Dig the fashionable blaze orange.

He did get a deer. Nice one.

The funniest part of the day was about 8 am. Our blind was set up at the bottom of a hill on the edge of the tree line, overlooking a field. We were set up to watch the field, with the wind in our face. The hill behind us was down wind and we assumed we'd see no traffic coming from that direction because of our scent going that way.
Anyhow, a little after 8, I hear crashing behind me and I looked back over my left shoulder to see a small doe running hard out of the woods, emerging about 10 feet to my left side. She took a hard right, leaping and kicking as she ran maybe 8 feet in front of us at full speed. She continued along the tree line, still looking like she's running in fear. I assumed she saw or smelled us and was hauling ass but she never looked at us as she ran by.
Five seconds behind her was a small 6 point buck kinda prancing along with his head up.
The whole scene reminded me of this.

Pepe_Le_Pew_Wallpaper__yvt2.jpg

It's fucking COLD, too. Damn. Why do I spend my birthday every year sitting in the frozen woods?
I headed out this morning at 6am, it was 14 degrees with the wind blowing like heck. Made it about 2 hours and headed in, didn't see nothing. Jumped a deer in the woods about 75ft from my house, all I saw was the flag.

Not the insurance agent band.
But he is playing with some other folks in a hard rock band doing a lot of the guy's originals. They are Desolate Faith. :)

Tonight is the first gig back with Ash and Rodney since last July. They've been jamming again for a while now.

I didn't know that one situation didn't work out...too bad...

Hopefully the boys can keep the drama to a minimum this time...

Desolate Faith is a great name...

Everyone seems to have mellowed a little and they're having a good time.

I'm running sounds and lights tonight. Time to start some mayhem!

Dwight fucking smokes on the harp, though. The dude can blow some blues.
He's played with Leon Russell, Joe Walsh, Peter Frampton and a pretty impressive list of bluesmen too.

He and Ash are trading licks now. Rockin the house.

Last edited:
Back