Im moving my office . . .

Phil513

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Staff member
Ugh. We have this dingy cluttered lab downstairs, sorta the place where we do all our tinkering. Its not really dirty, but just full of boxes and misc junk collected.

I just found out thats where my desk is being moved, as im the one that makes most of the prototype stuff.

Anyone see Office Space? :-[

Well im a mechanical engineer by trade. I used to design plastic injection molded parts for the irrigation industry, sprinklers and valves and such.

My cousin (in-law) started a business making stuff for the spa industry. Its self heating products, using the magnesium/iron heating material such as the military uses to heat MREs. Its actually pretty cool, although pretty much all foo foo spa stuff, so i have to take my man card out and look at it once in awhile. lol.

So, being its a small company, i do most of the development, and build a lot of the assembly fixtures and automation. Plus, purchasing, drive forklift, etc . . . ;D

10221_office_space_stapler_with_milton.jpg

Yep, he's the one.

*i was told i could listen to music at a reasonable volume . . .*

I've been in the same cubicle for 8 1/2 years, so a change in location is not always a bad thing (provided the change in with the same company...).

Yeah, its not that bad. And im a bit further away from the 3 owners, so it should bring me a bit more peace, and im free to tinker around.

Its just that the lab isnt really an ideal place for a desk to sit, its kinda like a chef having his desk between a stove and sink. ;D

I wish I had a little more space...

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

You get a student in here and you're practically dating... :-[

Um, yeah, thats pretty tiny. :embarrassed:

Deoderant and tic tacs a must. hahaha

Had I know how much space I would actually need I would have made the room bigger when we laid out the place. The rest of the rooms are pretty spacious but since this is also my office it is a little crammed...

Are all the other rooms taken or something? Do you need to use the office for lessons? Or just that just come up once in awhile when other areas are used.

Phil051300 said:
Are all the other rooms taken or something? Do you need to use the office for lessons? Or just that just come up once in awhile when other areas are used.

I am pretty set up in here and I have the best access to the lobby if I am needed...I don't have a receptionist in the afternoons so I have to keep an eye (and ear) on the lobby if I am working in my office...

Ah, i see. Well, its not like you are teaching jazzersize. ;D

As long as there is room for a student, guitar, and stand, it works.

I just dashed down and took a pic of the lab. I spent all day cleaning. My desk will be over underneat the window.

Now, my problem isnt that the room is too small. Just going to be a bit weird parked over against the wall with no cubicle or anything.

lab22.jpg

Hey, you know, thats not a bad idea, since im moving out of the upstairs offices, i can prolly bring in a boom box or something.

I'll need to drown out the hispanic ethinic music coming from production on the other side of that window. ;D

Back