I'm Lovin' This Pedal

Stratguy

Coffee Junky
Some of you might rmember that I bought a Fender Ramparte amp about 6 months ago. It was a good low volume amp (9 watts), and I had played my Fender Classic Player Thinline Tele Deluxe (Fender's Wide Range humbuckers) through it at the music store, just for fun. I was impressed with the tone, so I bought it. Besides the Thinline Tele, it seemed to like Strats, but not other humbuckers, because this amp's tone is weighted toward the low end, and it has no tone knob. After I got the '65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue, I was feeling like this might be an expendable amp, because I was getting such a great balanced tone, with a little bit of sparkle, from the '65.

Well, last week I decided to get a Boss GE-7 Equalizer pedal, to see what it would do with the Ramparte. I hadn't been able to try it out until tonight, and I must have spent about 2 hours playing and adjusting the pedal. I have to say that I am totally impressed with what this pedal has done for the Ramparte amp. As far as I'm concerned, it has totally brought this amp to life. I just played the Fender Deluxe Player's Strat through it tonight, but I got every bit of high end sparkle out of this amp. Now, I'm looking forward to trying it with a few more guitars with humbuckers.

I'm really finding this to be a very cool pedal, and I'm really still getting used to it.

Does anyone else have one of these?

151324000000000-00-750x750.jpg

I have an MXR 6-band. It's a handy thing to have around and I've used for different things here and there. When I was using an Epiphone Valve Junior, it was a necessity.

Lately, it seems to do a good job cutting the "mud" out of my dirt pedal at lower volume. A little drop at 700Hz and it's clear and crunchy.

I have found EQ works best in a loop if you have one. I have a GE-7 I use in front of an Exelsior pro. I've also found it useful with a ZT Lunchbox.
If you're not going to stomp on it much (set it and forget it kind of thing), I've found the Dano Fish n Chips works just as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hardly ever see them on pics of pedal boards, so I shied away from them. I guess I thought there must be an issue that I'm not hearing about. Now that I have it, I can definitely see the benefit. Like I said, the Ramparte is much more versitile now, and since it has a level slider, I can even use it as a booster. I have an E-H Nano booster that I just can't seem to like (I think it goes from 0-60 way too fast), so it may get replaced by the Boss Equalizer, and I can even control the tone of the boost.

I used to have one, but I don't have the attention span to play with a pedal with all of those sliders.

Back