I'm leaving in about an hour to drive up to Colorado to see Suzanne Vega.

dmn23

Duller than cardboard
And so begins a nice, long weekend for Dmn23. It's an easy drive up to Durango and hopefully there's a lot of color left on the trees. I'm sure I'll be inundating the forum with photos on my return.

Y'all be good now, ya hear? :Wave:

I think a lot of the Aspens have dropped their leaves, but hopefully there is still a decent amount of color left for you. What venue in Durango? I haven't been out there in way too long.....it's probably way closer to you than me.

It's a concert hall on the Fort Lewis campus. I'm on the second row and it doesn't appear to be a sold out show, so I'm expecting something pretty intimate.

It's a concert hall on the Fort Lewis campus. I'm on the second row and it doesn't appear to be a sold out show, so I'm expecting something pretty intimate.

One of my good friends went to Ft Lewis for his first 2 years of college. I really wanted to go out and visit. Mike Judge's dad is (or was) a professor there when my friend was there and that was about the time Beavis and Butthead was blowing up.

I'm leaving in about an hour to drive up to Colorado to see Suzanne Vega.

You're well on your way to a cure!

23528_large_Admitting_You_Have_a_Problem_Wide.png

cop0rotflmao

The show was great and she came out to the lobby afterwards to sign stuff, so I thought why not? I'm not so cool that I can't ask her to sign a CD.

Me: "Hi! Would you mind signing this please?"

Suzanne Vega: "Well, you're polite to ask, but wouldn't it be kind of weird if I did mind? I mean, just come out here but not sign anything?"

Me: "Yeah, but you could totally ride that momentum. You wouldn't be Suzanne Vega anymore. You'd be Suzanne Vega -- THE DIVA."

She seemed really skeptical.

The show was great and she came out to the lobby afterwards to sign stuff, so I thought why not? I'm not so cool that I can't ask her to sign a CD.

Suzanne Vega: "Well, you're polite to ask, but wouldn't it be kind of weird if I did mind? I mean, just come out here but not sign anything?"

Me: "Yeah, but you could totally ride that momentum. You wouldn't be Suzanne Vega anymore. You'd be Suzanne Vega -- THE DIVA."

But...this is a Sinead O'Connor CD...???

Love her sense of humor.....

I got my tickets. Hopefully the ex will let my daughter go despite it not being my weekend. I would ask her directly, but she just had her lawyer send me letters that I could only communicate with her through him. So I am getting my own lawyer so that I can ask if my daughter can go with me. This is only slightly untrue.

Durango is beautiful and there was a real kick-ass pizza place there that had ridiculous thick crust pizza. Take lots of pics!

I didn't go too crazy with the pictures this time. Here's a few though.

The first two were taken in Durango. The last shot is Abiquiu, New Mexico.

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0232.jpg

Back