I'm just a stranger in Acousticland

mr_brockburst58

Pentatonic Niinja
I decided to take a dip back into the Acoustic world. I have a 12 string Alverez and I love it for what it is, but I wanted something different...

So, I noticed that online sellers were discounting their Guilds due to cease in production/sale of company to Cordoba. I couldn't afford a USA made, but I did pick up the All mahogany Dreadnaught with a hardshell case for well under 500.00.

I couldn't be happier. Its all solid, and its voice is very unique. Plays very nicely, althought I'm getting used to the longer scale length. I can't wait to hear how much the tone opens up as I break it in. I'm going to evaluate how I want to amplify it. It just booms, and the soundhole Duncan pickup that I have doesn't do the tone justice.

I'm glad you found something that speaks to you. I am no expert on pickups, except that soundhole pickups don't usually do a guitar justice. I am sure folks will have many, conflicting recommendations for you. :wink: In the meantime, congratulations and enjoy!

Congrats on your new aquisition mr_brockburst58! That is one seriously beautiful guitar! As far as amplifying, you can always go old school and mic it to capture all of it's sound.

Awesome. I wish I had the cash, there is a small bodied mahogany Guild I really liked.

Very nice-sounding guitar.

I have an older D4 that I just love. They are cannons for sure.

I actually haven't bothered with a pickup. I have other guitars with pickups and I want to keep this one mic-only. If I changed my mind, I'd probably go with a K&K.

Back