I'm gonna build a Wah, and Smurfco is gonna pay for it!

OH luhhhhkkkk...

Tread etc will be here today. I'm going to add the Q-Knob, LED, true bypass, and an output buffer.

BUILD THREAD!

IMG_1844.JPG
IMG_1843.JPG

I'm a stoopid dummy and got crazy with the cheeze whiz (ie. spray paint).

So dummy (read Ryan) decided he wanted to drill a hole but the paint wasn't 100% dry and dummy convinced himself it was. So holes drilled, repainted... Parts just showed up.

I'm a stoopid dummy and got crazy with the cheeze whiz (ie. spray paint).

So dummy (read Ryan) decided he wanted to drill a hole but the paint wasn't 100% dry and dummy convinced himself it was. So holes drilled, repainted... Parts just showed up.
b9ef20ac633bb86468df87d27b6da195.jpg

Still waiting on the paint.

Installed the inductors. Changed out the gain resistor. That's all I'll do for now. I'll reassemble and retest and see where to go.

These are the Mammoth inductors vs the Dunlop.

IMG_1845.JPG

And installed (slightly concerned with the oxidation on the jacks - this is post DeOxit.

IMG_1846.JPG

1 of 2 done. Just a little scuff on the instrument side from driving the pin back in. Sounds great. Looks great. I'll adjust the tooth and pinion tomorrow to play with the sweep.

FullSizeRender-1.jpg

FullSizeRender-2.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender-3.jpg

TOANNNN!

Last edited:
So - This one is nice, buuuuttt I think I like the white one better.

I may sell this one... Cheap.
IMG_1862.JPG
IMG_1863.JPG

The paint didn't play as nicely. Component for component is the same. I pictured it in my mind differently.

All I have left is wiring the switch, LED, and doing a functionality test.

@smurfco has the other one on loan.

Attachments

• IMG_1861.JPG
    IMG_1861.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 60
So - This one is nice, buuuuttt I think I like the white one better.

I may sell this one... Cheap.View attachment 29644 View attachment 29642

The paint didn't play as nicely. Component for component is the same. I pictured it in my mind differently.

All I have left is wiring the switch, LED, and doing a functionality test.

@smurfco has the other one on loan.
If you're selling, I may be interested...let me know

So the silver wah pot was DOA. Ordered a new one from Small Bear Electronics. I went with the 275k pot. That should be done this afternoon.

Back