I'm gonna build a Wah, and Smurfco is gonna pay for it!

RyanNo3

Pedals - Pedals - Pedals
I don't think he will but I am rebuilding a wah or pair of wahs.

Order a new inductor from Mammoth because why not. Also picked up some new tread and I'll repaint the enclosures. I've been reviewing mods to add. Looks like it'll be true bypass, led, and misc cap & resistor swaps.

Have you guys heard of any others?

I should send you my HBE Medicine Bawl wah. It's been through a few pots and I've never been happy with it.

I was researching mods and stumbled across this guy...

upload_2016-9-14_15-55-59.png

then I realized it was you... Second time that's happened to me.

So I could change out the Inductor. It's basically, from what I understand, are part for part 'vintage'. So the yellow fasel is supposed to be more mellow. I'm trying the mammoth one just because it was half the price of everything else. I could do WIMA caps and carbon comps too.

So I could change out the Inductor. It's basically, from what I understand, are part for part 'vintage'. So the yellow fasel is supposed to be more mellow. I'm trying the mammoth one just because it was half the price of everything else. I could do WIMA caps and carbon comps too.

I've got the modern red fasel. Could I just pop it out and put the new one in?

I've got the modern red fasel. Could I just pop it out and put the new one in?

Yeah. It also has trim pots in there to adjust the gain etc. That may be where I would spend some time.

Those could be dialed into a shitty and underwhelming setting.

So,

1. Trimpots
2. New inductor

When you get into it, if you have a multimeter we can go through the measurement procedures.

Yeah. It also has trim pots in there to adjust the gain etc. That may be where I would spend some time.

Those could be dialed into a shitty and underwhelming setting.

So,

1. Trimpots
2. New inductor

When you get into it, if you have a multimeter we can go through the measurement procedures.

:idea:

Order a new inductor from Mammoth because why not. Also picked up some new tread and I'll repaint the enclosures. I've been reviewing mods to add. Looks like it'll be true bypass, led, and misc cap & resistor swaps.

Maybe I can help enable you by finding an eBay listing....lol

Yes, you will. And he will pay for it. And you will send it to me. Just because.

Back