I'm getting cold feet with the Axe FX!!!

mystixboi1

Kick Henry Jackassowski
So I ordered an Axe FX Ultra this week... I'm planning on moving my 5150 III because I'm thinking I'll need to be able to plug into something that uses headphones once the twins come along(if i get a chance to play that is).

I've been reading reviews on the Ultra and listening to clips and it sounds absolutely amazing... incredibly versatile and dynamic.

I was able to actually play my 5150 iii above speaking level yesterday and it sounded freakin glorius.

If the Axe Fx doesn't sound 95% as good as the 5150 iii then it's going on the chopping block.

I should have it by mid-next week.

I'm glad I didn't sell my separate analogue devices before buying the VoiceLive 3.

Its a powerful unit but there are some "digital complications". While live it's difficult to adjust certain settings.

After 3 weeks I've returned the VoiceLive 3 and have returned to my pedal board version of my rig.

I'm glad I didn't sell my separate analogue devices before buying the VoiceLive 3.

Its a powerful unit but there are some "digital complications". While live it's difficult to adjust certain settings.

After 3 weeks I've returned the VoiceLive 3 and have returned to my pedal board version of my rig.

I was wondering when if this would happen...

I really think the axefx is the way too go. If i had the cash I'd have one in a heartbeat

Reactions: Tig
I was wondering when if this would happen...

It was cool, but for the size/money/complexity it really couldn't do anything that much better than THIS rig.

bb5.jpg

It was cool, but for the size/money/complexity it really couldn't do anything that much better than THIS rig.

bb5.jpg

At one point I was going to ask how much for the TC Harmony. Been on the fence on getting one. I like the size of the Ditto 2, thought about flipping my RC-20XL for one and decided not to bother.

@Modern Saint The RC-20 is actually more powerful because it has a mic in and you can use an expression pedal. I just have this weird thing where I don't like the square boss pedal buttons. I'm more comfortable (and can hit the button on time when looping) with the TC style buttons. It's a simple looper but it works. If I ever go more complex, it would be a boomerang 3.

As for the Harmony G-XT..... get one. don't even look at anything else. Best pedal purchase I've ever made. I could do a gig with just that pedal and an acoustic, it's that good.

There's a huge learning curve to the axe-fx. It sounds great, but it covers way too much territory for me.

Yeah.
I kept one for a few years and flipped it.

Simplicity is a virtue that the Axe-Fx doesn't embody.
Line 6 has been on the right track with the sound matching tech lately.

for me it seems like to too many menus and too much tweaking.

I def would hold off on selling your tube amps before getting it, I would say wait at least 3-4 months after you get it.

I had the kemper for a bit. it was really nice but I am glad I never sold my tube amps bc I prefer those now.

I don't know if I could tell the difference in the sounds of the Axe-FX and the real things its trying to cop, but I know for sure I could never figure it out. I go for the least amount of knobs for my gear.

The Avid Eleven Rack was the sweet spot for me...excellent emulations that I could get to without endless tweekability.

Reactions: Tig
@Modern Saint The RC-20 is actually more powerful because it has a mic in and you can use an expression pedal. I just have this weird thing where I don't like the square boss pedal buttons. I'm more comfortable (and can hit the button on time when looping) with the TC style buttons. It's a simple looper but it works. If I ever go more complex, it would be a boomerang 3.

I like my RC20XL. I tried my friends one out before I got it and had to hunt for one as the RC30's were just coming out - I got lucky. As for the mic input, I don't do much with it right now but maybe in the future. Who knows? As for me, I like the square pedals for my simple mind. My reasoning behind the Ditto 2 was primarily real estate. Besides I would still need to try before purchase to see if it works the way I want it too.

As for the Harmony G-XT..... get one. don't even look at anything else. Best pedal purchase I've ever made. I could do a gig with just that pedal and an acoustic, it's that good.

Had other things to get. I love the way they sound and it is a simple unit to operate.

Back