I'm an idiot...

My personal experience is that being an idiot isn't so bad once you become comfortable with it.
As long as my wife doesn't kill me I'm OK. :thu:

If I stop posting... Look for a headline that reads "Rutherford, NJ, man killed by wife with his own guitars".

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I have it in the back of my Edge with my '69 Bassman head and my Peavey 412MS. On its way to the new place. LOL

ROFL

You know I have hit a threshold on gear quantity when my wife doesn't bat an eye at what you're carrying in. LOL

uploadfromtaptalk1408163909697.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1408163926179.jpg

Home, getting organized, and decided to make sure the damn thing works. LOL

At super low volume the thing actually sounds really nice. Couldn't get it loud enough to distort after midnight but I'm pleased. :cool:

Looks a little cramped. Have you considered shopping for a new house, with a larger music room?
LOL

This is the new place with the larger music room. LOL A lot of this stuff has either been in my in-laws' attic or shoved into a corner in my old dining room. Now it has its own space and if need be I can spill into the living room. :cool:

Besides, I'm still organizing. :thu:

So, how's it sound?
Only got to play it clean last night after midnight at low volume, but that sounded really sweet. I'm working today and tomorrow, but maybe I'll get to turn it up when I'm off on Monday. :thu:

Oh, I'm also trying to track down a Jet City Jettenuator. JC seems to only be distributing through MF in the US now and they don't have them listed. Found one used but the guy hasn't responded to me, yet.

HOLY FUCK!

Ran by work, picked up the Jettenuator (which was delivered there, so of course it shows up on my day off), got home and brought it into the house along with a whole bunch of other shit from my parents' place (have I mentioned that moving sucks?).

I set it up, set it to zero, turned on the amp (with EVERYTHING dimed, master bypassed) and then turned the Jettenuator knob up slowly. Damned if I wasn't nailing Van Halen's 1984 tone while using my Franky, but at bedroom volume. I could seriously set this low enough that I couldn't hear it over my AC.

That was damn good!

Makes me wonder if EVH skipped the Variac on 1984.

Do you know how weird it is to run (what is basically) a Marshall 1959 full-fucking-tilt in the same house as your sleeping wife and child and not wake them?

It's really fucking weird. :cool:

Back