I'm always the last to know, pt. 7,142: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

dmn23

Duller than cardboard
I haven't had cable since 2005 so I really haven't watched too much TV in the last decade. So I'm bored and scrolling through my Netflix queue and I decide to take a chance on It's Always Sunny.

Holy shit, that's about as deeply and profoundly wrong as anything I've ever watched. I'm about five episodes into the first season and there are large pieces of this that are absolutely brilliant. There were moments I thought I was going to puke from laughing.

Part of me is appalled that it's taken nine years to get hip to this show and the other part is delighted because it feels like Christmas in August.

That is all. As you were, carry on.

The first season is probably the worst one (Not saying it isn't good because it is). When Danny Devito joins the show, it gets so much better. I watched the everything they have on Netflix and am now watching it again with my wife. Not a spoiler, but the Night Man Cometh could be the funniest thing I have ever seen on TV.

It's started to go downhill, but there is a lot of brilliance in the earlier seasons.
Dayman... Aaaaaaaaaaaaah!
Fighter of the Nightman... Aaaaaaaaaaah!

I've watched a few episodes here and there. It's amusing but it feels like the actors are working too hard. It borders on staged improv where the actors are working way too hard to be funny.

Orange Is The New Black and Girls has much better writing and the acting is effortless.

that gets belted out at some point just about every day in our house.
We bought a day bed for the guest room a few years back. For several weeks afterward, every time one of us referred to the day bed, it was followed by a rousing, "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

Finally got to the Nightman episode.

Holy shit. :grin: :facepalm:

Nightman, sneaky and mean
Spider inside my dreams, I think I love you
You make me wanna cry
You make me wanna die
I love you I love you
I love you I love you
I love you Nightman

Every night you come into my room
and pin me down
with your strong arms
you pin me down
and I try to fight you
you come inside me
you fill me up and I become the Nightman

It's just two men sharing the night
It might seem wrong
But it's just right!
It's just two men sharing each other
It's just two men like loving brothers
One on top and one on bottom
One inside and one is out
One is screaming he's so happy
The other's screaming a passionate shout

It's the Nightman
The feelings so wrong and right, man
They're feeling so wrong and right, man

I can't fight you, man
When you come inside me
And pin me down with your strong hands
And I become The Night
The passionly passionate Nightman

It's basically Seinfeld without the middle class values, education, and veneer of respectability of the Seinfeld characters. I haven't been watching this season, but will likely catch up eventually.

It's basically Seinfeld without the middle class values, education, and veneer of respectability of the Seinfeld characters. I haven't been watching this season, but will likely catch up eventually.
Yeah, I've made the Seinfeld comparison before too--"Seinfeld on crack," is how I put it.

Back