If you're in the market for a Super Reverb

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
Get this instead: http://www.musicgoround.com/p/547335/used-allen-encore-50-watt-4x10-tube-guitar-combo-amplifier

0987603_0.jpeg

:eek:

I don't see a serial number which means it was a kit someone built not one David built.

An Allen has been on my GAS list for a while, and that is a good deal. My days of carrying 4x10 combos are long over though. I think a Sweet Spot is the one I'd be most interested in.

An Allen has been on my GAS list for a while, and that is a good deal. My days of carrying 4x10 combos are long over though. I think a Sweet Spot is the one I'd be most interested in.

I went back and forth between the Sweet Spot and Encore, before finally deciding on the 2x10 Encore. It achieves everything I wanted sonically. It just isn't as portable as I would like. One of these days, I'll get a 20 pound amp that stays clean at gigging levels and sounds almost as good. Until then, I'll lug around the Encore and it's fabulous sound.

That looks awesome. Probably sounds awesome.

But way too heavy for me. Heck - My AC15 is too heavy for me. I need to be in a non-rented residence before I buy anything that big.

I'll bet it sounds great and I would really like it. Not so sure about my upstairs neighbor.

That looks awesome. Probably sounds awesome.

But way too heavy for me. Heck - My AC15 is too heavy for me. I need to be in a non-rented residence before I buy anything that big.

That is why I try to go head and cab. I'm too old to lug a heavy amp around anymore. When I sold my AC15, I didn't like carrying it up from the basement.

That is why I try to go head and cab. I'm too old to lug a heavy amp around anymore. When I sold my AC15, I didn't like carrying it up from the basement.

I may need to go that route. I freaking loved my Gretsch Playboy amp. The sucker only weighted about 35# and sounded like heaven. It was a divorce casualty though.

Man, if AC30s are too heavy for you guys you'd hate my AC30. I don't think it's bad at all. :shrug:

I may need to go that route. I freaking loved my Gretsch Playboy amp. The sucker only weighted about 35# and sounded like heaven. It was a divorce casualty though.

Bummer. 35lbs is about perfect. I have a pretty light 2x12 cab. I may end up with an AC15 head going into my cab.

Man, if AC30s are too heavy for you guys you'd hate my AC30. I don't think it's bad at all. :shrug:

I weigh 130lbs and have congestive heart failure. An AC30 is more than half of what I weigh. That thing would kill me :grin:

I am fine with the 15, if I don't have to take it up stairs. It the stairs that gets me.

I weigh 130lbs and have congestive heart failure. An AC30 is more than half of what I weigh. That thing would kill me :grin:

I am fine with the 15, if I don't have to take it up stairs. It the stairs that gets me.

Okay, you get a pass. :embarrassed:

Only if built by David Allen. That's not to say it's a bad build otherwise, there is just no guarantee.

As for weight, the best power-per--pound from an Allen is the Accomplice Jr. or one of the older Accomplices that used the back-mounted, Tweed-style chassis).

Last edited:
Back