If you prefer waffles over pancakes or vice versa ...state your reasons

DdBob

Dogue in teh desert
I prefer pancakes because they are fluffly and soft and the absorb the syrup better. Waffles imho are too hard and crunch and therefore the syrup runs off them, also you can't mop up the syrup as easily with waffles. pancakes also seem more filling (better value) and are easier to make (no fancy equipment)

Waffles have syrup-retaining nodes and you can use toaster for frozen waffles.

Pancakes sit like a load of lead in my stomach. Waffles are lighter, and hold the maple syrup/butter mix better.

French Toast is my favorite out of the three.

Waffles, because with a waffle iron you can make all kinds of dishes besides the breakfast kind.

Waffle pizza
Waffle French Toast
Waffle fries
Waffle bacon
Waffle burger
Waffle waffle

IMG_4516.JPG

Pancakes are planet-friendly soft tech.

Waffles are hard tech, you need an IRON, cold, unforgiving, like something out of 50s soviet Russia to placate the workers.

Reactions: Tig
Pancakes sit like a load of lead in my stomach. Waffles are lighter, and hold the maple syrup/butter mix better.

French Toast is my favorite out of the three.
There's a reason paul bunyan ate pancakes and not waffles, had Mr. Bunyan been a Wall Street banker then maybe waffles he'd have but facing a day of chopping down trees pancakes it was

They were pancakes from Babes arse.
That is a different food group.

Waffles. I'm in it for the crispy bits, not the dough.

I love a good pancake, but a less-than-good pancake can ruin an entire day. A freezer-burned toaster waffle is still pretty good.

Back