dodgechargerfan

CanadianGary
Administrator
you might as well make the most of it.

image.jpeg

Ingredients:

3 cups of vanilla (or chocolate) ice cream

1 can of Guinness

One shot of Jameson (or two or three or five!)

Chocolate syrup

Whipped cream

Caramel

Directions:

Blend first three ingredients. Cover the cup in chocolate syrup down the sides first, pour in the shake, top with whipped cream and caramel!

Serves 2 (or one!).

I don't know which is worse - mixing ice cream with beer or putting whipped cream on ice cream. (I have an overwhelming aversion to whipped cream. :embarrassed:)

I have't had a Guineas in years, but it would make good ice cream. Although a chocolate milk stout might work better.

I've had a Guinness ice cream made at a local place. It was tasty. It was more crystalline than creamy, but they tell you that up front.

Affagatos are brilliant. Vanilla with a hot espresso shot.

image.jpeg

I don't like mixing booze and dessert, generally. You're making both things worse.

I love making home-made ice cream in the summers. Fun to experiment, kids love it, etc.

I'd rather just have a bowl of ice cream with a pint on the side. Skip the syrups and whipped cream.

I'm in Columbus, Ohio right now, for a seminar series that will end tomorrow. The last 2 nights, a few of us have found a place to get some ice cream. I got Whiskey Pecan the first night, and Bourbon Pecan the next night.

I'm in Columbus, Ohio right now, for a seminar series that will end tomorrow. The last 2 nights, a few of us have found a place to get some ice cream. I got Whiskey Pecan the first night, and Bourbon Pecan the next night.
Jeni's?

Yes, the Wiskey Pecan came from Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream. We were leaving a restaurant, and I noticed the ice cream shop. It's a great place. The next night, we decided to try a different place, so we went to Graeter's Ice Cream, and that's where I got the Bourbon Pecan. Last night, we were told that we needed to go try out Johnson's Real Ice Cream. I was a little disappointed by Johnson's, only because of the glowing recommendation that we were given. It's not that it was bad, but we walked a fair distance to get there, and I didn't think it was any better than the other 2. It did have a band playing in the outdoor patio area, though.

Yes, the Wiskey Pecan came from Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream. We were leaving a restaurant, and I noticed the ice cream shop. It's a great place. The next night, we decided to try a different place, so we went to Graeter's Ice Cream, and that's where I got the Bourbon Pecan. Last night, we were told that we needed to go try out Johnson's Real Ice Cream. I was a little disappointed by Johnson's, only because of the glowing recommendation that we were given. It's not that it was bad, but we walked a fair distance to get there, and I didn't think it was any better than the other 2. It did have a band playing in the outdoor patio area, though.
Nice! I was super psyched to find some grocery stores around here (Chicago) that sell Graeters

Back