20140921-pork-roll-taylor-ham-1-drew-lazor.jpg

And the old box, which is why it's called "Taylor Ham":

best_7a5c8fcff4234a8a6f4b_ham3.jpg

Reactions: DFB
Taylor Ham.

20140921-pork-roll-taylor-ham-1-drew-lazor.jpg

And the old box, which is why it's called "Taylor Ham":

best_7a5c8fcff4234a8a6f4b_ham3.jpg
OMG! Seeing that first pic brought back a flood of memories. Way back in 1990 when my buddy opened the first Boar's Head distributorship in San Diego and hired me to work for him, those Taylor Pork Rolls were a huge item for us. We were allowed by Boar's Head to carry as much as 30% inventory of non BH products that didn't directly compete with one of their own. Since we were ALL ABOUT the authentic NY/NJ experience, that shit was in high demand along with those gawd awful Doc Brown Sodas. Who in the actual fuck thought Celery Soda was a good idea? So gross, yet we sold the shit out of it to all the old East Coast transplants craving a taste of home.

Apparently "home" tasted like fermented goat piss.

OMG! Seeing that first pic brought back a flood of memories. Way back in 1990 when my buddy opened the first Boar's Head distributorship in San Diego and hired me to work for him, those Taylor Pork Rolls were a huge item for us. We were allowed by Boar's Head to carry as much as 30% inventory of non BH products that didn't directly compete with one of their own. Since we were ALL ABOUT the authentic NY/NJ experience, that shit was in high demand along with those gawd awful Doc Brown Sodas. Who in the actual fuck thought Celery Soda was a good idea? So gross, yet we sold the shit out of it to all the old East Coast transplants craving a taste of home.

Apparently "home" tasted like fermented goat piss.
Yeah, some of those sodas make no sense. Must be the bennies down the shore who wear socks with sandals.

Back