If Rik Emmett had joined Rush...

Now if Rik Emmett was jamming with Rush, I would dig it. I have a hard time understanding why Rik would cover a Rush tune....

Now if Rik Emmett was jamming with Rush, I would dig it. I have a hard time understanding why Rik would cover a Rush tune....
Maybe because he digs them???

As great as Rik is,Rush obviously didn't need him...

I seen Triumphs farewell tour in Edmonton back in 1982,(when a farewell tour was actually a farewell tour), and they had Rick Santers on stage with them because according to rumor,Rick was gonna take over for Rik..It never happened...Not sure why....

I seen Triumphs farewell tour in Edmonton back in 1982,(when a farewell tour was actually a farewell tour), and they had Rick Santers on stage with them because according to rumor,Rick was gonna take over for Rik..It never happened...Not sure why....

IMO it wouldn't be Triumph without Emmett even if Moore did some of the vocals on the big numbers. Emmett is just iconic with Triumph more so than Moore in my head.

Maybe because he digs them???

As great as Rik is,Rush obviously didn't need him...

A farewell tour? In 82?

I got their autographs when they played my home town in 85-86.

Probably my favorite Rush song. Coincidentally, Last it on the Line also played on my iTunes radio today.

Honestly it just makes me want to listen to the original. :shrug: I don't see the point of a cover if you don't try to change something up, or add your own flavor to it...

A farewell tour? In 82?

I got their autographs when they played my home town in 85-86.
That's weird. They called it their farewell tour and Santers was on stage with them for the whole show and it was rumered that he'd fill in for Rik..It was at The Edmonton Coliseum in 1982. And I don't remember hearing of them after that...That being said,I did a lot of drugs back then.......

Edit.Wiki says Rik left Triumph in 88.....I'm confused......

Back