if PRS made a telecaster, would you buy it?

angry tele

L'effet c'est moi
i mean a proper one not some reimagined version; one just different enough not to get sued like Suhr or Reverend makes.
I would buy one assuming they made a Korean version (SE or whatever that didnt cost $4,000)
no birds or moons or other stupid affectations, just a proper tele.

I would have to ask what would be the point of it.

A PRS tele w/o anything that makes PRS unique, is kind of pointless.

wait I thought they made good guitars? do people only buy them because of the birds and moons?

the point is for them it would create new customers. People like me that dont like them might buy one.

also Parker should make a tele and steinburger as well. (but not a headless one **shudders** )

even Gibson made a tele. for a while..the brent mason valley arts one. its actually kind of cool!
probably the coolest gibson ever made besides the SG.

wait I thought they made good guitars? do people only buy them because of the birds and moons?

the point is for them it would create new customers. People like me that dont like them might buy one.

also Parker should make a tele and steinburger as well. (but not a headless one **shudders** )

They do make good guitars, but they are PRS'.
To make a Tele copy without a PRS spin on it would not be terribly advantageous.

Even the Singlecut, being a LP type, still has PRS' improvements that go beyond the Birds and Moons.
The closest they have is the Brent Mason, and that's not quite tele'ish...

No, because I have a tele and don't need them.

they are pretty different from each other. especially a broadcaster. the pickups are almost p90 esque...and the wiring on all three is radically different.
i agree an esquire sounds 90% like a tele in the bridge position. thats why Im not a huge fan, I like tele neck pickups too much to get rid of them.
but a broadcaster is vastly different.

Price would be a big factor. I got a Deluxe and paid pretty decent for it but that's about as high as I would go for a Tele.

I would hate to say never but if it is made by PRS then chance are it would make a better boat rudder than a guitar for me.

I just can't get into them.

even Gibson made a tele. for a while..the brent mason valley arts one. its actually kind of cool!
probably the coolest gibson ever made besides the SG.
image.jpg

That's a P36, right? I was always hoping that they'd be blowing those out at some point, but I never saw the price get below about $500. I think it's just about the coolest Parker ever...
Yep! I owned one several years ago an fit was pretty cool.

Back