If I had $700 to spare and unlimited time...

shoeless

Riffin'
...I'd jump on this. Unlimited time because that's what it'd take for me to figure out how to play it.
70's MSA Sidekick Pedal Steel. Black, single neck, single frame 10 string, E9 tuning. Has 3 pedals and 1 kneel lever. Everything works, all rods, no wires, in good complete working condition. Comes with original HSC. Also comes with vintage DeArmond volume pedal and 3 sets of new strings.

$700 cash obo or trade. Would consider trades for similar value acoustic or electric guitars, basses, 5 string banjos, Small footprint PA, 200 watts and up, other gear, you never know, let me know what you are offering and we can go from there. Thanks.

http://frederick.craigslist.org/msg/4868371482.html

00h0h_1Z56XOFajej_600x450.jpg

I kind of regret selling mine, but there's no way I'd have given it the requisite time to get good with it. I loves me some pedal steel, though.

I think that would be cool to own. There is the obvious learning curve but if you have the desire why not?

I've got a pedal steeler in my band, who started a few months before he joined. He's not a musical genius, and he's still not a virtuoso player or anything, but he was able to pick it up (after a life playing guitar) and hit the ground with both feet. We were willing to put up with him learning, because we were just starting out and would have no chance at getting an established player. Also, he's very aware of his limitations, and can lay back rather than fuck up. So it's got a reputation as an ass-kicker, but it's a "one foot in front of the other" proposition just like any other instrument.

Back